Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:39 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
The nuts I love are cashews!!!! And peanut butter for sure.

Steve I wish he would toss the paper in a less windy spot but no go!

jeannie if you have a Harris Teeter-I loved those in NC!
yes, NCN has mentioned Harris Teeter also. I'll have to see if we have one nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 01:52 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Jeannie, I have never bought more than an item or two at a regular Walmart (or Super Walmart as they call them.)

Harris Teeter is our regular grocery store, but we go to Sam's for things we cannot get at HT. Mesquite chicken, Italian chicken, box full of bags of Chex mix, bananas by the bunch, apples in larger bags, kiwi, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. We can get these at Harris Teeter, but they cost less at Sam's, I think. At least they did when we first started doing this. We only go to Sam's when we are out of tomatoes and mesquite chicken or Italian chicken.

I have never shopped for much of anything at Target. We have a new one at Wesley Chapel but I really have only been there once to see the store. It looked a little teeny bop for my taste. If I had a teenager, it would be the place to be, I am sure. A lot of people like those Super stores but they are confusing to me. The one at Wesley Chapel is really busy.

The Harris Teeter headquarters is at Matthews, about 15 miles from us. It was started from Harris Drug Store and Teeter Supermarkets in Charlotte. I haven't seen any ratings lately, but back when I was working and noticing things when I put out the magazines, Harris Teeter was rated as the second best grocery store in America by Consumer Reports. I have been married 44 years and I have shopped at Harris Teeter most of those 44 years. Some people say they are the most expensive, but I think I come out paying less there because everything is edible when you get it home. If not you can take it back and get your money back with almost no,if any questions asked.

Lowe's Foods started at North Wilkesboro by the same family, not the same person as Lowe's Hardware and has been sold to someone at Winston Salem. I have friends that like them the best. The most important thing at a grocery store is the manager. You can have the same chain with different managers and the prices and the quality will be different.

My daughter and son both shop at Food Lion. This store was started by a Winn Dixie bag boy in Monroe and is headquartered in Salisbury now with different owners. I think you would probably do fine with this store. My children do fine there, but I am one of those persons that doesn't look too closely when I am shopping and if anything is bad on the shelf, it will end up in my kitchen.

Izzy, I think I probably had one too many cups of coffee today. Mr. VA just spent the entire trip from Monroe commenting on how I am driving him crazy today with all my energy. Then he laughed at me half way through lunch. I told him I just got a good night's sleep and am feeling good.

Lunch is Italian chicken tender
Coffee and milk and I am going to have another one so I can really get on Mr. VA's nerves.
green beans
cucumber slices, tomato slices, chopped onion
Strawberry pop tart for dessert

Old 10-15-2008, 02:21 PM

thank you NCN.

a Kathy Smith step work-out this morning...

breakfast...oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

lunch...vanilla yogurt with flax, acai, and Grapenuts

Old 10-15-2008, 08:03 PM

dinner...romaine salad with thousand Island dressing
whole wheat cheese lasagna

coffee ice cream
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals