Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:41 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,647,021 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Yesterday was a fairly good finish, except for my daughter's fries I ended up eating last night at dinner, but then I have to come home and top it off with a bowl of frozen yogurt? See, what happens is this cute little ice cream fairy comes into my kitchen at night and leaves a delicious bowl of ice cream or frozen yogurt and I just can't say no...... Now tonight is an ice cream cake for my MIL's birthday. Whats a girl to do? Thankfully I've been working out regularly so I kind of break even but if I'm ever going to shed a few lbs., I'll need to cut out the late night indulging. Anyway, a chilly Thursday morning here in NC around 35 degrees with a sunny day ahead in the low 60's. So, whats on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a great Thursday everyone! Jeannie

Last edited by jeannie216; 10-23-2008 at 05:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 06:04 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,907,594 times
Good Morning Jeannie and all-enjoy that cake-little slice never hurts-portion control. Plus it's a special day. Happy B-Day to MIL.

Today normal yog for breakfast and then have to do some shopping (Target,Penneys), lunch out and tonight a trip to Cheers!

Snowed here yesterday-didn't stick but very depressing nonetheless.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:40 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,967,570 times
Good morning all (the list of friends in here is getting too long to write them all out without the paranoia that you've forgotten one!!)

And.. happy b-day to your MIL, Judi.

Breakfast was two blueberry Pop Tarts.

Lunch looks like a small can of mandarin oranges, and a roast beef sandwich (I can tell the wife is trying to get rid of the hamburger buns before they go bad)! LOL.

Sorry I had to duck out yesterday, all. Got a call my youngest (11 year old daughter) had a fever and had to pick her up from school. She's fine today.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:09 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,752,060 times
Good morning all!

Breakfast:
1 bowl of granola and blueberry cereal with 1 cup of 2% milk
1 handful of baked crackers. Mmm.
1 cup of coffee with sugar and creamer

Planned lunch:
Saffron rice, pork and pepper stir fry, steamed veggies, and an apple.

Dinner: ?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:11 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,647,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Good morning all!

Breakfast:
1 bowl of granola and blueberry cereal with 1 cup of 2% milk
1 handful of baked crackers. Mmm.
1 cup of coffee with sugar and creamer

Planned lunch:
Saffron rice, pork and pepper stir fry, steamed veggies, and an apple.

Dinner: ?
Good morning SmerkyGrl.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:04 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,907,594 times
Morning and welcome to Smerky!

Jeannie it National M-I-L Day too!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:53 AM

72,521 posts, read 18,249,065 times
Good morning Smerky! welcome!

Wow! it's already snowing Lacey? Yesterday was a air condition day here!

Jeannie,a little fun is ok. you lose it with Taibo real quick!

coffee first.. wanted to go to the meeting but there are less people going now.. but next week is Halloween party at the meeting.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:58 AM

48,410 posts, read 22,109,267 times
Hello Guys, I have such a hard time finding you; yesterday I never did get back.

so..........supper last night was two small bowls of beef stew (in truth the second was smaller than the first--I didnt measure.) I was very conscious of what I put in my stew and used Pam to brown the lean beef and cut back on potato and used tomato instead of a thickened brown gravy style broth. Dear Partner served his over rice and loved it. Of course I forwent the rice and also skipped buttered bread or crackers...

I did eat a rice cake in advance of supper to get me over a hard spot.....and had a low fat fruited yogurt for dessert.

This morning I took a brisk walk before a breakfast of plain old fashion oatmeal. After just 3 days I can already a difference in the fit of my pants.....its not visible to anyone else...but I know I am losing at least inches.....and I have much more energy....hence the brisk walk.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:10 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,967,570 times
Dang, Elston. You're motivating me. I had surgery on my feet to remove bone spurs in my toes about two weeks ago. Today, I'm actually wearing work shoes (instead of tennis shoes). I'm hoping to start going back to the gym on Monday... the hardest part is always restarting after you stop. But, keep up the motivation... I'll be starting again soon, I hope.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:20 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,734,008 times
elston, that walking really works. We have a distant family member who is walking the Appalachian Trail. His wife was worried about him because he lost, if I remember correctly, 40 pounds in a month. He was eating everything in sight to try not to lose too much.

I slept in today as usual. Mr. VA went to the weight room and invited me, but I chose to stick my head in the pillow and snooze on. Sometimes I have trouble sleeping when my stomach is growling from not indulging. I did it though and the weight is coming off. Jeannie hide that ice cream picture. Really it isn't even tempting me. Something strange going on here.

Breakfast was vanilla yogurt and coffee and milk. That was just a few minutes ago. Now it is time to make a hamburger and salad from the groceries that came in the door with Mr. VA. Isn't he a keeper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals