Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 04:49 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,632,075 times

Advertisements

Good morning and TGIF. Hubby called and said there is some nasty weather all along the eastcoast so he won't be leaving NJ until tomorrow. By the time he gets back he'll have to turn around and go back up for the holidays. So, whats on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a fabulous Friday! Jeannie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 04:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,879,325 times
Good morning Jeannie-saw that on the news and weather channel.

They're talking over 1' of snow for tomorrow so off to the store to stock up on snacks, etc for Mr. L and get some meat for meatloaf, baking potatoes-good old comfort food.

Last night we shared an appetizer.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:57 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,632,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning Jeannie-saw that on the news and weather channel.

They're talking over 1' of snow for tomorrow so off to the store to stock up on snacks, etc for Mr. L and get some meat for meatloaf, baking potatoes-good old comfort food.

Last night we shared an appetizer.
is that an inch or a foot Judi?

had my oatmeal with sliced banana and milk for breakfast
water with lemons
supplements

See you all tonight!

Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 AM

Unfortunately it's a foot-now they're saying it's coming Sunday.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:49 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,676,682 times
A foot of snow? Down here there wouldn't be anything left in the grocery store. We invade the grocery store for 2 inches of snow.

Jeannie, Mr. VA used to leave for weeks and a couple of times 2 months at a time. We are rare brides that can handle things when dh is away. I just considered myself the VP and acted accordingly. Since all the men he worked with did the same away duty, I had a good backup. All I had to do was call.

Jeannie, I know you have friends and maybe a relative around, but if you need any sort of help, I have a son in the area. Don't forget that.

Just thinking about this brings on a smile. Yes, I am about to tell you a story and hope I haven't told you before. Mr. VA is computer hardware and we have a neighbor down the street that is computer software. They travel sometimes too. So his wife was probably my very best friend. We called ourselves computer widows. Well, she called me one day and asked if she could borrow Mr. VA for the evening. I said, "Sure" without even asking why. Later learned she needed him to help her put in the new sound system she had ordered before her husband had gone out of town. So I lend my husband out as well as my son. LOL

Coffee and milk
2 slices of whitewheat
1 slice chicken bologna
banana

Jeannie, did you get any of the stormy weather yesterday. When we were having our hardest rain and bad looking clouds, I checked the radar and you looked clear. We needed to turn into ducks yesterday. Can't imagine much more drought with all this.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:53 AM

72,454 posts, read 18,221,165 times
Good morning Jeannie,Lacey,NCN! it's cold here,didn't want to get out of bed,I had my room in a nice temperature..just lazy! I feel like myself now. life is better.

NCN,love your stories! you have such a knack with words!

Coffee first

Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,958,023 times
Hello all.

Late again, as usual.

Surgery went well for my son. The biopsy on the mass will come back Tuesday, but we don't expect any negative news. They leave a week from today to go spend Christmas with their mom. Although I know it's more than fair since I have them almost all year (except for summer breaks and Christmas), I still wish I could have them once in a while to wake up with on Christmas morning.

Breakfast was two breakfast tacos and 1/2 Coke. This illness I had a couple days ago has been a blessing in disguise. I lost a couple pounds just that day and the following not eating anything. And now, I'm GREATLY reducing the portions I eat since my stomach has probably shrunk. So, I'll see how long I can eat this little and still feel full, but have energy to last the day. Hopefully, my body will compensate and adjust to this!!

Have a great day all, and Jeannie, please have a safe trip back, I've seen the weather pics on the east coast, and they're not pretty!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:36 AM

72,454 posts, read 18,221,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Hello all.

Late again, as usual.

Surgery went well for my son. The biopsy on the mass will come back Tuesday, but we don't expect any negative news. They leave a week from today to go spend Christmas with their mom. Although I know it's more than fair since I have them almost all year (except for summer breaks and Christmas), I still wish I could have them once in a while to wake up with on Christmas morning.

Breakfast was two breakfast tacos and 1/2 Coke. This illness I had a couple days ago has been a blessing in disguise. I lost a couple pounds just that day and the following not eating anything. And now, I'm GREATLY reducing the portions I eat since my stomach has probably shrunk. So, I'll see how long I can eat this little and still feel full, but have energy to last the day. Hopefully, my body will compensate and adjust to this!!

Have a great day all, and Jeannie, please have a safe trip back, I've seen the weather pics on the east coast, and they're not pretty!
Steve,been worried about you, So happy to hear that the surgery went well with your son,and you need to take care of yourself too
I know you love your kids,I am sure you will hear from the often

Old 12-12-2008, 10:34 AM

Steve-glad that ordeal is over and that you feel better.

Stores were a little crowded but should be worse later today and tomorrow. We're set-lots of Mr. L snacks,ice cream. Makings for big meatloaf tomorrow.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:59 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,676,682 times
Went shopping today after water aerobics. Found two little jogging outfits for the little ones. I also bought two little shirts that said, "If you think I am cute, you should see my Mother." Hope she lets them wear them. My son will definitely want them to wear those shirts. I try my best to buy seasonless clothes and usually buy one size ahead of what they wear. These should be good for Spring.

I am trying not to give up finding something for the 13 year old. I may have to resort to earrings. I have been looking at sleepwear too. No way would I try to find something she would wear in public. I am a cool grandma.

2 chicken hot dogs (cut in little pieces and fried in canola oil and soy sauce) and a salad with Olive Garden dressing and Ritz crackers.

It will be fruit and cereal for the rest of the day. Retirement eating has a little different schedule. I had planned spaghetti for dinner, but we ate so late (3 P. M.) we won't be hungry.

Steve, that is really unselfish love. Are they with you on Thanksgiving? I have our children come on Thanksgiving, so Santa can come to their home and they can enjoy themselves there. Some day they will know how unselfish you were. Still hurts, I know. This year our daughter came for our anniversary and our son came for Thanksgiving. I am looking at beach places to ease our Christmas pain. Sometimes we get invited to their homes.

Last edited by NCN; 12-12-2008 at 03:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals