Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 05:12 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,628,623 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Christmas week is here and we're coming to the end of another football season. Now hopefully Steve will be here today to set me straight with everything. I believe if the Cowboys win this weekend, they will make the play-offs? Tomorrow will be my last morning to start the thread until after New Years. Today I'm hoping the last of the gifts will be delivered before we leave or I'll have to do the old "oh, this must have fell off the sled story". Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a great Monday everyone! Jeannie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 05:26 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,871,985 times
Good morning Jeannie-safe trip tomorrow.

We've had a bitterly cold snowy weekend and more to come all week.

Diana-we missed you and glad you're feeling better.

Yog/fruit, coffee.

Chicken cacciatore tonight.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:20 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,955,805 times
Good Monday morning, Jeannie, Diana, Judi, NCN, and Izzy.

Kids are gone, and the airlines lost the suitcase with the Christmas presents I bought them (and for them to give their mom from them), and for my other son who lives in Calif (he's 22). I'm not as worried about the clothes and the presents that were in the suitcase. What I'm worried about was the pictures. Since my divorce (over 5 years ago), I've had all the pictures that were taken over the years. Not only that... I also had the pictures that my ex-wife had before she met me of her family (some photos decades of years old). Well, I went through them and thought I would send the pictures that were hers along with the ones I thought she would want of her and the kids through our marriage time. All those photos were in the suitcase as a Christmas present for her, too. Now, those are lost, also. The airlines is now admitting they can't find it (not in the system anymore), and are asking for a list of items in the suitcase, along with the brand and size of the suitcase. That can't be good.

Jeannie, as far as Dallas (9-6), they are currently the last seed in the Wild Card positions right now, but don't have it clinched. Atlanta (who is 10-5) have locked up the top Wild Card seed. There are others in the hunt, but I think Dallas' fate is in their own hands. Next week, Dallas plays Philly in Philly. Right now the Eagles are 8-6-1. If Philly wins, that will put them 1/2 win above Dallas because Dallas will fall to 9-7 and Philly will be 9-6-1. So, I think Dallas needs to win next week to get into the playoffs. But, Tampa Bay and Chicago are both in it still with 8-6 records. So, like I said. Dallas needs to win to stay in it. If they lose, they need help from the other teams I mentioned (primarily losses) to stay in - and I'm not even sure that will help because of the Eagles tie game stat.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:49 AM

72,437 posts, read 18,215,482 times
Good morning Jeannie,lacey,Steve

Steve,I am sure it will turn up. they usually do,all this priceless possessions,gee! I am praying for you that you willl have it all back

Very chilly and rainy this morning tomorrow morning I will be going,will be back on the 28th.I will not bring my puter too many things in the car like gifts.

I am still taking meds for my cold.It's making me feel groggy

coffee for now.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:01 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,664,149 times
Good Monday morning, Jeannie, Diana, Judi, Rath, and Izzy.

While you know that I know nothing about football, I heard on the news last night that the Panthers have a spot because Dallas lost. Does that sound right? Jeannie, I thought of you when I heard it. I knew that would not make you happy. I watched a few basketball games this weekend. Love that Tennessee State coach. She is cool and she is tough. Also watched the UNC-Charlotte girls game. You would think girls playing ball on TV would do something with their hair. I was embarrassed for them. Sorry Rath, we Southern girls have our priorities.

Bet some airline employee is enjoying Christmas presents. I understand some postal workers enjoy things from time to time too. That is so sad. Hope the suitcase shows up, but I agree it does not look good. I know people who have started shipping their things UPS rather than use the airlines. That is really sad.

Lacey, our NC mountians were supposed to have a -20 wind chill factor last night. That is rare. They were giving warnings for people traveling in that direction to take blankets just in case of car trouble. I think a lot of people probably need to check their antifreeze too.

Black coffee
Sliced orange

Not a creature was stirring is so true. I just got up. Could not go to sleep last night. The wind kept making noises and I kept getting up to see what that noise was. I would normally be in water range of motion class right now. I am on vacation from the water since the pool is being resurfaced. All the water is out of the pool and I had no idea the pool was so deep on the end I never use.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:13 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,394,226 times
Hey Jeannie, Judi, Steve, Izzy and NCN. I hope you're all warm and safe.

Steve, what a bad story. Altho it does sound bad I'm sending good vibes and my hopes that the suitcase turns up somewhere soon!

Just a sec, there's somebody who doesn't want to sleep and is calling for Mama.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:02 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,394,226 times
Okay, the second is gone and I'm back after hours lol.

chocolate for breakfast and a bite of DS's white wheat bun
fried potatoes with egg and cheese for lunch
1 slice of w/w bread with salami and half a sausage for dinner.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:26 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,664,149 times
Yes, we hope that suitcase shows up. Sometimes they do.

I have been so good today.

Lunch was 5 barbecued meatballs and a soup made from one can of Del Monte flavored stewed tomatoes. I put the contents of the can in the blender and turned it into liquid and then warmed it on the stove. Delicious!
Lemon water

Dinner was one steamed filet of tilapia with garlic cheese sprinkles and black pepper.
turnip greens
5 hushpuppies
banana
black coffee

I will probably have about 20 baby carrots for a snack while I watch TV.
Water to drink.

Everybody have a wonderful Christmas. It is just about time for things to get crazy for some of you. We only have one party in Statesville on Saturday. I have to take finger foods. I think I can handle that.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:17 PM

72,437 posts, read 18,215,482 times
Breakfast oatmeal and soymilk,will be good today,I can see me blowing up after a week.
I actually lost 3 pounds after I stayed home more often,I have been cooking healthy,no oil or grease!

Lunch
a pear,
Chicken soup

Old 12-23-2008, 12:10 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,628,623 times
Steve, thank you for the update on football. Yes, that seems to be what needs to happen. If we lose this weekend we're done. Steve, I'm so upset for you with this lost suitcase situation and hope and pray that it turns up. I also need to commend you for your loyalty and compassion to your children's Mom. I'm sure they appreciate it. Hello to all and I'm going to start today's thread...a bit early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals