Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 12:47 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,405,481 times

Advertisements

Good morning all.

Y'all are probably sound asleep. It's only 8:42 a.m. over here and I put DS back to bed. He got up at 6 a.m. and got cranky some minutes ago.

Temps dropped way down to less than 10°F which is icy for our area. So snow is still out and about which will bring us to another walk in the woods in about an hour.

My breakfast consisted of a very delicious Belgium praliné stuffed with caramel and I'm thinking about having another one.

So what are everybody's plans for this beootiful Tuesday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 04:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,898,376 times
Morning Diana-I'm up (I think)! Have some running around to do today between snowstorms have to cram it all in.

Nervous about the dress for the wedding. Back in Sept. they said to order early Jan. so I went yesterday and they say 8 weeks-we're leaving in 8 weeks!!!! Told them to step on it as it will need alterations.

Yog/fruit, coffee
Dinner-scrambled eggs with peppers, salad.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:22 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,963,847 times
Good morning, Diana, Judi (and for Jeannie, Izzy, and NCN when y'all show up!)

Breakfast was the standard breakfast burritos.

Not much going on in this neck of the woods (desert?). Hope y'all have a great day!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:08 AM

72,496 posts, read 18,239,094 times
Morning all! very chilly here this morning! stay warm wherever you are!

tempting to have some tofu soup in the morning..good protein.. maybe I will do that,just vegetarian with an egg on top

Old 01-06-2009, 10:59 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,405,481 times
Brrrrrrrrr, temps got only a little higher over noon but dropped again in the afternoon.
We couldn't take DS on our walk and sleighing tour, it was just too icy for such a small kid. My hair was freezing where they were moist from my breath and my cousin had ice on her lashes - now how crazy is that?!?!

We did a 20 min. walk to the next hill and felt like kids running down with the sleighs and sinking into the nearly knee deep snow. It was great. We were sweating and laughing so hard and I had to take a nap after lunch b/c I was so exhausted

Spaghetti with kinda sloppy joe's for lunch
snack: 3 pieces of chocolate (no wonder I gained all the lbs I lost over Christmas )
snack: piece of marmor cake at my grandparents'

Old 01-06-2009, 11:18 AM

Lunch was grilled chicken breast on wheat.

Not as cold here today but it's only a one day reprieve.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:59 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,712,553 times
Diana, you got the title of this thread right. I slept until 11 and then screamed out when I thought I encountered a mouse in the hallway. I was just dreaming. Mr. VA came running to see what was wrong.

I wasn't in the mood to count points or calories today. It is a wet miserable day here in North Carolina. I would like some snow. It has been so long since I last saw snow, I can't even remember.

I did want to tell you about the good comfort food I made after I finally got up. I washed a pound of navy and pinto beans. I took the fatback out of the refridgerator and realized it was too old to use. I threw it out to the patio and the cats wouldn't even eat it. So what to use in the already washed beans? I first decided to use chicken broth and poured two cans in the beans and then experimented by adding two smoked pork chops from the freezor. I just did not want to go to the grocery store on such a miserable day. I added a whole onion to neutralize the acid in the beans and give some flavor. I cooked these for close to three hours and the pork chops fell apart and caused little pieces of meat to be throughout the beans and soup they made. I took the onion out and peeled a fresh one for the table to chop up as we ate the beans. About 1/2 hour before we decided to eat, I put some frozen hushpuppies in the oven. These may have been the best beans I have ever eaten except for Mom's, of course. I know they are the best and most healthy beans I have ever cooked. They had so little fat, I had to stir them a few times at the end so they would not burn at the bottom of the pot.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Diana, you got the title of this thread right. I slept until 11 and then screamed out when I thought I encountered a mouse in the hallway. I was just dreaming. Mr. VA came running to see what was wrong.

I wasn't in the mood to count points or calories today. It is a wet miserable day here in North Carolina. I would like some snow. It has been so long since I last saw snow, I can't even remember.

I did want to tell you about the good comfort food I made after I finally got up. I washed a pound of navy and pinto beans. I took the fatback out of the refridgerator and realized it was too old to use. I threw it out to the patio and the cats wouldn't even eat it. So what to use in the already washed beans? I first decided to use chicken broth and poured two cans in the beans and then experimented by adding two smoked pork chops from the freezor. I just did not want to go to the grocery store on such a miserable day. I added a whole onion to neutralize the acid in the beans and give some flavor. I cooked these for close to three hours and the pork chops fell apart and caused little pieces of meat to be throughout the beans and soup they made. I took the onion out and peeled a fresh one for the table to chop up as we ate the beans. About 1/2 hour before we decided to eat, I put some frozen hushpuppies in the oven. These may have been the best beans I have ever eaten except for Mom's, of course. I know they are the best and most healthy beans I have ever cooked. They had so little fat, I had to stir them a few times at the end so they would not burn at the bottom of the pot.
You are very creative NCN!
I guess you need to be in such a weather

Old 01-06-2009, 07:44 PM

lunch
Tuna fish sandwich
apple juice

dinner
heated the yam in the oven
Chocolate milk

Old 01-07-2009, 04:16 AM

NCN-I always use smoked pork chops in bean soup-less fat and so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals