Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 04:56 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,396,690 times

Advertisements

Ladies, just a quick check in.

Hope you're all well.

Breakfast: half a slice of w/w bread with slices of meatball
Snack: chocolate croissant

Now off to go home, I'm starving b/c it's lunch time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 05:05 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,631,608 times
Default Friday's "lets do the friday dance" Food Journal

Good morning! Another weekend has arrived and I am a happy camper...... A good sore from yesterday's work-out and going to try and keep up the momentum. Spring is right around the corner......So whats on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a great day everyone!

Jeannie

Old 01-23-2009, 05:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,878,291 times
Morning Diana,Jeannie,NCN, Izzy, YLisa, Cassy, Steve .

Spring?????? How I wish-it's 25 below right now.

Breakfast same yog/fruit.
Lunch-going ot with a friend so not sure.
Dinner-sausage onion subs.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:30 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,440,737 times
Good morning Diana, jeannie, Judi, NCN, Izzy, Cassy, and Steve.

The usual cereal with strawberries and blueberries for breakfast. Almost ready to make my lasagna for tonight. I will have a small piece with salad.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,675,033 times
Good morning to one and all.

Mr. VA just rousted me out so we can go fax his go back to work orders. We have a fax machine with our copy machine but neither of us have read the directions yet.

Peach yogurt
banana
coffee and milk

Old 01-23-2009, 09:06 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,396,690 times
Work is that much more stressful these days. As most of you already know we're only working half the time, so I go only 20 hours a week - well, I try to, but have to squeeze in work for 8 hours. Even if I go only for 4 or 5 hours I'm more stressed out in the evening than at days with normal work hours...

However, already did the grocery shopping with my dad today. DS is over at his gran'parents' playing and driving them crazy...
I just prepared tomorrow's dessert. Hmmm, it's curd/quark, Italian mascarpone cream and whipped cream mixed with lemon juice and some sugar. Then I cooked pudding but not with milk but with cherry juice and mixed a glass of cherries into the pudding.
Then it's put into a glass bowl like a lasagne. I took dark biscuit (it's called like that over here, it's a very soft/light base you can use for tartes), poured a spoon of coffee over it, then came a layer of cherries, then the cream and so on. It's in the fridge now and I hope DH's friends coming over for a card evening won't find it...

Tonight I'll meet some friends from my classes of last year. We'll go to an Indian restaurant and I'm already excited! Haven't been to that restaurant yet so I don't know what to eat, yet.

Lunch was a small plate leftovers of fried spaghetti w/ chicken breast, leek, carrot and Chinese spices.

Happy Friday to all of you

Old 01-23-2009, 09:06 AM

72,452 posts, read 18,220,417 times
Good morning Jeannie,Diana,Lisa,NCN,Steve,Judi,Cassy

Don't forget Chinese New Year starts Monday.Sunday night is the eve.

Here are some traditional foods,not everyone follows them though.
Traditional new year food

Lotus seed - to have lots of children
Ginko nut - money
Black moss seaweed - the sound is similar in chinese for more wealth
Bamboo - Since it's very long,it signifies growth.
The fish - signifies abundance
Chicken - prosperity.
Noodles - long life. Noodles are also eaten for birthdays
Sticky Rice with lots of sticky dried fruit
Dumplings and Bao are popular too

Many people would put a quarter in the Dumplings,so some lucky person would find it there by "luckily" biting on it! ouch!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
NCN

LOL Izzy, that sounds like a trip to the dentist.
We will leave off the lotus seed; need the Ginko nuts badly for hubby's brain; guess we will have to leave off the wealth; I think we can do without the growth too; we are big enough; we should have lots of abundance with all the fish eaten in this house; same thing for the chicken and prosperity; our lives will probably be short since we are not into noodles; and we are having rice tonight; love those dumplings but don't have them often enough.

Happy New Year. I always loved the Chinese New Year because it gave me something fun to do in storyhour. We used to form a dragon and march around the room.

In the oven now are two fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts roasting with rice, chicken broth, onions and celery. It is the yellow Spanish rice with flavorings. I have two sweet potatoes in the microwave almost ready to eat.

Have fun tonight.

Diana, when should we fly over for dessert? Sounds delicious.

Jeannie, how is this for a Winter day. Judi, I hope you sell your house while you are in NJ and just get to go back to pack up and move.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:04 PM

72,452 posts, read 18,220,417 times
NCN,I really want to listen to your stories! I'd bet all your grandkids love you!!

Oh,A long time ago,I was at a Chinese New Year party,Friends and relatives were making dumplings,so we ate tons of dumplings and no one had the coin,So we were hoping that no one swallowed it.Then the hostess found it.. It was still on the counter!!

LaceyI hope you sell your house fast! I am anxiously waiting for you to move!

I think I forgot to post my breakfast,which is 2 egg whites on a wheat toast,soy milk

Lunch was

Denny's Chicken Salad,Iced tea

Old 01-23-2009, 03:55 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
NCN,I really want to listen to your stories! I'd bet all your grandkids love you!!

Oh,A long time ago,I was at a Chinese New Year party,Friends and relatives were making dumplings,so we ate tons of dumplings and no one had the coin,So we were hoping that no one swallowed it.Then the hostess found it.. It was still on the counter!!

LaceyI hope you sell your house fast! I am anxiously waiting for you to move!

I think I forgot to post my breakfast,which is 2 egg whites on a wheat toast,soy milk

Lunch was

Denny's Chicken Salad,Iced tea
Glad nobody had to have their stomach pumped out.

You are such a busy girl.

I really haven't done it with the two newest grandchildren, but I used to do private story hours for my now 13 year old. I took a vacation week and went to Virginia and kept her for the first week my daughter was back at work after she was born. She was the assistant manager of a department store and told me she could not handle going back to work and getting the baby adjusted to day care at the same time. We bonded and still are buddies even at 13.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals