Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:51 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to eat protein, protein, protein. That eases the sugar cravings. Veggie sausage for breakfast, turkey and cheese for lunch, chicken breasts and salad for dinner.

I've got to learn new eating habits. I did just fine when I was single. But I've acquired a 6'2", 150-pound spouse who has the metabolism of a manic 4-year-old, and leaves food out everywhere so he "won't forget to eat." Now I certainly can't blame him; he doesn't shove the food down my throat. I'm the type of person who eats what's sitting out until it's gone, and that's got to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 11:17 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't know which teacher or which class it was, but when I was working with the public the talk of the town was that one teacher at the high school had students to sign a pledge not to eat any refined sugar for one month. One of the mothers of a child in that class told me her daughter got depressed and had sugar withdrawal.

When we fall off the wagon here, we just wash the wagon out and get back in and start riding again. Sometimes it is good to clean your wagon out.
What a beautiful way to put things NCN. Ohiogirl, I understand. If it doesn't move off the plate, I will eat it.

Kathy Smith buns and thigh step work-out

1/2 cantaloupe

oatmeal with sliced banana and soymilk

Old 01-29-2009, 11:44 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,385,004 times
Hey girls! Welcome Ohiogirl! Good to have you around and I keep my fingers crossed for your plans!

May I introduce myself - I'm one of those who likes the company of these wonderful ladies here but I'm not so strong and mostly eat what comes in my way . However, by writing here, I try to behave myself...

Oh oh and I also had a fall today, and what a deep fall it was Last night DS didn't get better at all. He had really high fever and in the morning he was sticking to me and didn't want to go to his daddy. So I called my colleagues and told them I won't be in the office today and went to the doc with DS instead.

It's nothing serious but a really bad cold and he just feels awful - poor baby. My mom was so upset, she took him over for an hour and spoiled him for a while. Now he's asleep and I hope he'll get better over night.

Lunch was Schnitzel (pork baked in bread crumbs), carrots and potatoes. I even put some ketchup on the meat

Dessert: a small serving of mousse au chocolat
Dinner: nearly all of a pizza (didn't eat the edges (?) well does that help?)
Dessert: another serving of mousse auch chocolat

I see that I have to resist some things when i go shopping!

Because I had such a bad conscience of all the things I just had 15 mins of a step workout and will continue (I hope so) after I'm finished with posting.

Have a great day all.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:05 PM

72,410 posts, read 18,198,148 times
Just had a muffin,which is not that healthy and I should be gotten up earlier to have my healthy stuff. Had some coffee

Love your pictures!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:11 PM

Diana, did you hurt yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Hey girls! Welcome Ohiogirl! Good to have you around and I keep my fingers crossed for your plans!

May I introduce myself - I'm one of those who likes the company of these wonderful ladies here but I'm not so strong and mostly eat what comes in my way . However, by writing here, I try to behave myself...

Oh oh and I also had a fall today, and what a deep fall it was Last night DS didn't get better at all. He had really high fever and in the morning he was sticking to me and didn't want to go to his daddy. So I called my colleagues and told them I won't be in the office today and went to the doc with DS instead.

It's nothing serious but a really bad cold and he just feels awful - poor baby. My mom was so upset, she took him over for an hour and spoiled him for a while. Now he's asleep and I hope he'll get better over night.

Lunch was Schnitzel (pork baked in bread crumbs), carrots and potatoes. I even put some ketchup on the meat

Dessert: a small serving of mousse au chocolat
Dinner: nearly all of a pizza (didn't eat the edges (?) well does that help?)
Dessert: another serving of mousse auch chocolat

I see that I have to resist some things when i go shopping!

Because I had such a bad conscience of all the things I just had 15 mins of a step workout and will continue (I hope so) after I'm finished with posting.

Have a great day all.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:37 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times
Diana are you okay? Hug Miguel for us.

Lunch grilled chicken breast on whole wheat.

Dinner meatloaf, baked pots, lite sour cream, salad.

NCN-love the wagon analogy.

Just went and bought (drumroll) size 10 jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:56 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Just went and bought (drumroll) size 10 jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woo hoo. That is fantastic news. I tried to get you some really nice graphics but my computer is being bad. You are an inspiration to us all.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:58 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Hi everyone. I'm just stopping in quick. It's been a long day and my computer is starting to act up again. Took the dog to the vet for shots and a bath and did a big stock up shopping trip.

Cereal for breakfast.
Hot dog for lunch.
French Onion soup for dinner.

It doesn't get much worse than that, lol.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:32 PM

that is awesome Judi!!

snack...

popcorn

dinner...

Subway grilled chicken parm on whole wheat

Old 01-29-2009, 08:51 PM

72,410 posts, read 18,198,148 times
Diana,Hope Miguel is doing well.. poor baby.. oh that mouse au chocolat sounds yumm...

Lacey,you go girl! sooo determined

protein,protein,protein is good.

I am trying not to eat rice or pasta

Lunch
Veggies with tofu

dinner
piece of chicken leg and baked potato
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals