Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 05:07 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,633,221 times

Advertisements

Good morning! A very cold and brisk morning here. Lets see, 31 days to Spring, I believe? So, whats on your schedule in your neck of the woods? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a fabulous Tuesday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 05:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,881,930 times
Morning Jeannie,NCN,Diana,Izzy,Lisa-

Did I miss your birthday Jeannie? Sorry-Belated Happy Birthday.

Lisa good luck-you can do it, we're here for you.

Izzy more rain today I think.

Yog/fruit, coffee.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:53 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,448,820 times
Good morning jeannie, Judi, Izzy, NCN, Diana.

Happy belated birthday jeannie. I thought it was today.

Ok, so I didn't die of starvation last night. I am hungry now. Two cups of black coffee and an orange. I will have cereal and strawberries in about an hour.

Lunch- Tuna salad

Dinner- Roast Chicken

I measured up our snack bags of cereal. DH likes fruit loops and I like Capt Crunch. I make 100 calorie bags for snacking. I know it's all sugar but we are only watching calories right now.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:20 AM

72,460 posts, read 18,223,569 times
Good morning Jeannie,Lisa,Lacey,NCN,Diana

Happy belated birthday? I thought we celebrated your birthday,Jeannie

Just having my first cuppa..

Brrr.. so cold after the rain. I saw a few rainbows yesterday.. so beautiful!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:22 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,681,904 times
Jeannie, it looks like Spring out there now. Did anybody get snow yesterday. We were supposed to get some, but if so, it came and left and I didn't see it. I am going to try to start spending an hour per day outside, either working in the yard or sitting on the patio with the cats.

Banana and coffee and milk

I am getting ready to fry some egg whites and turkey sausage for Mr. VA. I will make mine, egg whites scrambled in fat from one slice of bacon. I will add 2 slices of whitewheat and more coffee and milk and then I will have a salad later in the afternoon if I have the time and get hungry.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:24 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,681,904 times
Izzy, have you ever seen a rainbow full circle. Now that is weird. We saw one underneath the hill once when we were traveling on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 AM

72,460 posts, read 18,223,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Izzy, have you ever seen a rainbow full circle. Now that is weird. We saw one underneath the hill once when we were traveling on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
You are kidding me!
It's been raining a lot here,we have seen so many rainbows,it's so pretty! makes the air really clean! Most of the time we have real bad air pollution. Glad some stuff is washed away

Cereal: these days I am putting in wheat grass powder,sesame powder and some nuts... and blueberries.. I hope it will keep me healthy.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:22 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,881,930 times
Hi all

Lunch was 1% cottage cheese with a buttery avocado.

Dinner-I picked up some lean Italian loose sausage which I'll brown w/onions, garlic, mushrooms, basil, tomatoes and put over orrichette pasta with parm cheese. Small portion and salad for me, large one w/garlic bread for Mr.L.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:28 PM

42,005 posts, read 75,401,765 times
Hormones are going to be the death of me.

All weekend I couldn't stop eating; today the mere thought of food is making me nauseous. I managed a bowl of oatmeal this morning; I see chicken soup and toast in my future.

I don't need convincing that this is nature's way of getting me to believe that menopause going to look good in a few years. Bleah!

Old 02-17-2009, 01:13 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,398,585 times
Good evening ladies.

Brrr, cold over here, too. Wind shield and all other windows of the car were frozen and DH had to scratch it away this morning. Had a long breakfast with DH and DS before we brought DS to the day nursery.

I'm really sick of this awful cold. I'm longing for spring with light sweater weather and sunshine and longer evenings.
NCN - with this conditions I could also spend an hour outside. Otherwise I really hate it to pick up DS and walk with him home but we do it nevertheless. Fresh air is always good.

Izzy - I love blueberries. At the moment they are really expensive over here, but I have one bush in the garden and they are very large and sweet once I can pick them. I'm already looking forward to my raspberry growing again...

NCN - we're always on the same side with the food. Sounds delicious.

When I came home today, DH already had made lunch for us. W00t w00t! He cooked. I'm so surprised. I was really hungry and grumpy b/c I thought that I still had to cook something but then - everything was ready He made bratwurst, potatoes and sauerkraut. Very good.

Breakfast: 1 white wheat bun with cream cheese
Snack: 1 piece of cake stuffed with pudding
Lunch: 1 sausage, potatoe and some sauerkraut
Dinner: 1 w/w sandwich grilled (topped with slice of yesterday's meat, a drop of ketchup, pickled cucumber slices and some cheese)

Now, after my step aerobic classes some pieces of chocolate are waiting for me.

So good night http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll139/royle33/Smilies/thN1goodnight02HL2.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals