Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:15 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,618,513 times

Advertisements

Good morning! How is everyone? Sorry I was MIA last week. Needed a little time off for other things, like my Ebay listings which are very time consuming. So, just when I thought Spring may be here, a little surprise outside our window this morning...... just a dusting but definately the white stuff. Funny thing is by the week's end we're looking at the 60's and the 70's on Sunday. Back home in NJ? 6-10 inches today. Gotta love NC. Judi, an update on hubby and the big wedding please. I've been trying to count points and I'm doing fairly well with it. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Monday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,385,731 times
Hi Jeannie, missed you! Good you're back. I know what you mean with time consuming ebay listings! I'm a very active ebayer with more than 500 reps. And ebay is my best friend for shopping adventures.

DH is gone now. He starts his new job today and will be back on Thursday night. It will be a pretty hard time for me and also DS.

half a white wheat bun with egg salad
2 slices of bread (one with ham, the other with cream cheese)
2 pieces of chocolate

Today I need to go to the mall again. On Sat. when I went shopping with DH I gave some boots to a repair shop to get new heels. DH picked them up and when I opened the bag at home I saw that they gave him the wrong boots. I already thought my boots were gone for good but when I called the shop this morning they said they are still waiting for me

Have a great start into the new week.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
Morning Jeannie,Diana,NCN,Izzy, Lisa.

Yes the East coast is getting slammed, 2" an hour!!!!

I somehow picked up a cold that I woke up with yesterday. I only ran into Mr. L's hosp.room and dropped the paper off and the got some Zi-Cam and hibernated.

Today's better but may stay away from him. This he doesn't need.

Last night I took a hamburger (91%) patty, crumbled, browned with onion/garlic/hot peppers, oregano, basil, parsley and a can of diced tomatoes. It was delicious next to spin salad.

Breakfast-yog/fruit-altho everything tastes yuk with these Zi-Cam tablets.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,618,513 times
Well, turns out a delayed opening for the kids and also my office. Diana, I think I like Ebay a little too much. Over 1500 reps. Best to DH. He'll be back before you know it. Judi, take care and feel better. You've been under so much stress lately thank goodness its only a cold.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:02 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
I started sleeping about 9 P. M. Saturday and was either napping or resting until about an hour ago. I think something much be working on me too to be that tired. May be a sinus infection. Thunder woke me at about 5 A. M. Sunday and after a few Oreo cookies and coffee and milk I went back to bed and slept until 12:30 P. M. Mr. VA was already at work. It was miserable here until about 5 P. M. when the beautiful big snow flakes started. It was still snowing when we went to bed at 12 last night. We still have electricity and the roads look clear but maybe icey. They announced we would have no school today on the 11 P. M. news last night. So first we had a lot of rain and flood warnings and then the snow came. I will take snow anytime. I hate cold rain in the winter.

Brunch was turkey sausage link, egg whites, toast, strawberry jam and margarine on one slice, and cantalope slice. Huge coffee and milk.

Did anyone see Jim C. beside I-85 in Charlotte last night on the weather channel. We said, "Oh no!" when we saw him. We joke that he is the last person you want to see in your town. It means your weather is going to be awful. Our weather was already awful when he got here. It got better after he came. I love snow. He looked so miserable I wanted to take him a cup of coffee and a big piece of his favorite pie, whatever that may be. I can't think of a worse place to be in Charlotte than beside I-85. Poor man!

Last edited by NCN; 03-02-2009 at 07:14 AM..

Old 03-02-2009, 08:08 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,387,300 times
Good morning ladies.

jeannie- Welcome back. You had us worried.

Judi- I hope you feel better. Take care of yourself.

Diana- I'm glad you are getting "your" boots back. Wow I haven;t seen a shoe repair shop in the US in years. We will be counting the days until your hubby is back with you.

NCN- Uh oh. Sounds like you got something. I hope you feel better.

Well we woke up to 10 inches of snow. Hubby just went up to clear off our solar panels because it is sunny out and we need the power boost. It's been 2 weeks of dieting and being really good. I am steadily losing but "very" slowly. I lost 3.2 pounds. I hate getting older because it slows everything down. Oh well as long as I keep losing something I should be happy.

Cereal with fruit so far.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:02 AM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,076 times
Good morning Jeannie,Lacey,Diana,Lisa,NCN!

Jeannie,knowing you I know that you must have let a note somewhere!

Lacey,get better,too much to do will get you feeling ill too.

Awww.. NCN! you too starting a cold.. I know it must be cold out there

Diana,glad that your hubby found a job,it's hard out there,just hang in there.

Whoo hoooo!! Lisa! good for you!! keep it up!

It was real hot yesterday here,eveyone was out,went out with mom to an open mall. there are so many open malls sprouting all over southern cal. everyone was short sleeves and it was like summer!

This is the one we went to
The Americana at Brand

there is another one called The Grove, just next to the famous Farmer's Market in West Los Angeles

Soymilk, scrambled eggs,muffin

Old 03-02-2009, 10:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
NCN-you take care girl!!!

Lunch-Campbell's health Italian Wedding soup.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,387,300 times
Izzy it sounds like you had a fun day. I would love to have a Farmers Market close by.

What exactly is the "Art Of Shaving" store. Do they do demo's, lol?

Old 03-02-2009, 11:04 AM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Izzy it sounds like you had a fun day. I would love to have a Farmers Market close by.

What exactly is the "Art Of Shaving" store. Do they do demo's, lol?
I don't know I didn't go into that store.. let me check around..

I think it's just a barber shop?

http://www.theartofshaving.com/taos6/locations.php
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals