Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:05 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times

Advertisements

It was really an interesting day today. The retiree that traveled the longest distance was from Ohio and was also the oldest retiree present at 86 years old. We had one town council member present as well as a state house member. Another person who is the mayor of his town could not make it. He was involved in something his town was doing. These men have retired and then gone on to other things. One man is working for a national company and has hundreds of employees. He said he was amazed at the various directions and accomplishments of these early enhanced retirees.

Each retiree stood up and gave his or her name, length of service, and what they are doing now. Mr. VA told them he was working for the competition. LOL There were about 5 people who were working for the same competitive company. The last one that stood up told them what the company's name was. So this was also like a mini get together of the company Mr. VA works for now.

Diana, one of the retiree's started out in Germany where he was born. He designed computers and taught the techs how to keep the computers running. He designed some of the major computers Mr. VA worked on. It was his first time at this dinner. Another retiree met him and invited him to join our group since he lived in this area now.

And the best news is that nobody had died this year. I think this is the first year we had not lost anyone. It was also the first year I did not win a door prize. It is about time someone else won. They always have several door prizes and one year they only had one and I won it.

I will be back on track tomorrow, but this week has been good.

We had popcorn and cookies for dinner. We came by Sam's on the way home and bought staples. I also had coffee and milk and I plan to have a sugary Dr. Pepper after I finish on here.

Lacey, I agree that it is bedtime. Goodnight John Boy.

Last edited by NCN; 04-18-2009 at 06:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 06:10 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,625,629 times
Judi, the pizza sounds yummy! We had store bought last night. NCN, I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:40 PM

72,429 posts, read 18,210,652 times
Jeannie,it was pretty warm today in the 80's going up to 90's yuck!

I will probably have something healthy with mom tomorrow

I had a hot dog and coke at noon

tonight I just had some chicken soup with potatoes.

Good nite!

Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,625,629 times
Izzy, I think we were close to 80 yesterday here also. I have not spent a summer in NC yet, but I hear it can get pretty hot. I'm more heat tolerant than cold tolerant though.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Izzy, I think we were close to 80 yesterday here also. I have not spent a summer in NC yet, but I hear it can get pretty hot. I'm more heat tolerant than cold tolerant though.
You will do fine here then. It took me ten years to get used to the heat in Southern N. C. This area is usually 10 and sometimes 15 degrees warmer than the area around Boone. That gives us less snow, but it also gives us more air conditioning days. We just keep the heat pump on year round. We would normally have it on cool right now, but this year has been cooler than normal.

Last edited by NCN; 04-19-2009 at 09:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals