Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 04:58 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,636,848 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Its not very often a little bad weather wakes me up during the night but last night was the exception. The one thing I haven't got use to here in the South are the severe thunder and lightening storms. Woke us all up and scared the heck out of the dog. Looking forward to a sunny and mild Mother's Day though. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......and a very happy Friday to ya! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 05:06 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,888,470 times
Morning Jeannie and all.

You really have had rain this week!

Izzy are those horrible fires near you?

Not much new here-had my 3 HUGE wings last night, 2 small slices garlic toast. Yum.

Yog and fruit for breakfast.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:18 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,462,175 times
Morning ladies,

OK. it's really time for this rain to move on. It is more than depressing.

Breakfast so far was black coffee and a banana with peanut butter and raisins. Egg whites to follow.

I am back to having a salad with feta cheese stuffed in a ww pita for lunch. Yummy.

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Mother's Day.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:58 AM

Lisa hope you get a break! So depressing.

Lunch was out and it was South of the Border omelet (chicken/peppers/onions/salsa) and a toasted dry whole wheat eng muffin.

Dinner-picked up a rotisserie chicken and made mac salad this morning w/low fat Hellman's and lots of veggies.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:25 PM

72,477 posts, read 18,229,368 times
Hi Everybody! Sorry I am late!

No Lacey,the fires are in a different area.As you know Santa Barbara is a great Beach city with Mountains. I only been there once,I think it was 20 years ago. Everything is expensive there,Homees are over a million. It's just that when you turn on the news all you see is the fire broadcast.
feeling bad for those animals.

Breakfast

Ginzeng Tea
Scrambled egg on toast

Lunch

Chicken salad
Iced tea

Old 05-08-2009, 05:37 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,693,790 times
Good evening ladies. I kept watching the weather channel and the red areas going over and was just about scared to come home. Everything looks fine, but Mr. VA is at this moment trying to get the TV to work. He said he smelled smoke at the surge protector and think we may have had a lightning strike.

We hit a storm in Columbia, SC today that was like buckets being dumped out on the car. I could not see to drive so I latched onto a trucks tail lights and said, "Wherever he is going, I am going to." He seemed to know the road. This worked for a few minutes then he started to the off ramp. I didn't know what would be at the end of the off ramp and absolutely could not see to drive, so I parked far away off the side so I could get back on I-77 when it stopped. Our radio was flashing traffic reports, but we couldn't find anything. It is really scary being on the road with bad weather and you have no idea what is going on. We experienced some hail too. The car got a good washing. It slacked off and just a few miles up the road the sun was shinning??

Breakfast was 2 oranges. Lunch was Cracker Barrel No, No's. We had a week with very little bread and milk. It is not nice to eat things in front of a three year old that she can't eat. The baby is a live wire and they are both so cute and there seems to be a natural instinct in children that we are the grandparents even though we don't see them often. We babysat a few times and had one day in Charleston to ourselves. We needed it by that time. I resisted the urge to squeeze them to death.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:31 AM

MCN-I can relate to that harrowing ride. Happened to us in Wisconsin last June and it was awful-hail, tornadoes, rain that was blinding for hours. Glad you made it safely.

Charleston is a beautiful city-the river walk, the history, the food!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals