Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 03:39 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,633,221 times

Advertisements

Good morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. My daughter had me on the walking trail, of course she was on the roller blades while I walked her and the dog, my son along side with his bike, 3 one mile trips. By the third round, I was a bit tired. A beautiful, sunny day it was. A couple of beautiful hand-made cards from the little ones, a sweet ham dinner with creamed corn and biscuits, and some fat free ice cream and a Hershey's chocolate bar to top it all off, oh, and I think maybe some popcorn?? Okay, back on track today. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Monday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 04:42 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,881,930 times
Good morning Jeannie,NCN,Izzy,Diana,Lisa.

Nice quiet Mom's Day here. Our daughter called, then the grands, our son, new d-i-l. All in all a loving day.

Made bar-b-cued ribs low n slow in the oven, leftover mac salad, spinach salad, asparagus.

Have our Boston ferns hanging on the front porch and just hoping temps stay above 40 from now on.

Yog/fruit.

Tonight sausage/pepper subs, ranch beans, salad.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:32 AM

morning Judi!

Bodies in Motion and Body Sculpt exercises

breakfast...

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Old 05-11-2009, 05:56 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,448,820 times
Good morning ladies. It's just another rainy day here but yesterday after 4 hours of mowing and weed eating I think we finally got caught up.

I weighed in this morning and I am exactly the same weight as last week. I've increased my daily calories so that is a good thing.

At the moment I am having Fiber One and strawberries. Lunch will be a Greek salad and soup. For dinner I am making homemade pizza. Yummy.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:10 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,681,904 times
I thought I had lost on vacation while eating very little of anything, but the meal home must have been enough to keep me where I was or maybe two pounds higher. It is a little hard to tell with my scales sometimes. Average weight gain for me on holiday is 8 pounds. I like to eat.

2 A. M. peanut bar and coffee and milk

8 A. M. banana and coffee and milk

Lisa, when Mr. VA was doing maintenance with the WW points, he lost another 12 pounds. People were beginning to be concerned about him. One friend asked me if we had aids. LOL Isn't life funny sometimes. You are losing weight to be healthy and people think you are sick?

Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 AM

72,460 posts, read 18,223,569 times
Good morning everyone,Diana could be sleeping

I had a great time with mom.Actually we celebrated Mother's day on Saturday,went to Cheesecake Factory,we knew the restaurants would had long waiting lines. Yesterday we just went to McDonalds! had an iced coffee and a fishburger with on sauce and asked for no salt on the fries.
There was less lines there.

I need to start getting more acitivity on my exercise,I know I am gaining weight. my clothes feels tight.

Just had a cup of coffee.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,881,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I thought I had lost on vacation while eating very little of anything, but the meal home must have been enough to keep me where I was or maybe two pounds higher. It is a little hard to tell with my scales sometimes. Average weight gain for me on holiday is 8 pounds. I like to eat.

2 A. M. peanut bar and coffee and milk

8 A. M. banana and coffee and milk

Lisa, when Mr. VA was doing maintenance with the WW points, he lost another 12 pounds. People were beginning to be concerned about him. One friend asked me if we had aids. LOL Isn't life funny sometimes. You are losing weight to be healthy and people think you are sick?
That happened to me years ago. A cashier at our market looked at me and said "OMG I am so sorry-I didn't know you were so sick." Well I headed to Burger King and the ice cream shop!

Old 05-11-2009, 12:02 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,398,585 times
Good evening all!

You all seem to have had fun on mothers day! Mine was pretty good. Miguel help make a card in the day nursery. It's really cute with a picture of him riding a kind of a rocking horse.
Yesterday the weather was quite beautiful and since my in-laws were at home we went to visit them for an hour. They bought a new piece of land right next to their home and it has a pool on it. Since Friday the water has been running into the pool (out of the tab!) and it wasn't full yet. The blue of the pool made me want to jump right into it and as my mil said I'm just a coward, I shrugged out of my jeans and t-shirt, dropped my shoes and jumped right into it. It was pretty cold, yes, only about 57°F but it was nice! So she and my fil were gaping when I came right out of the water... Well, who would have guessed b/c it wasn't so warm yesterday but the sun was shining.

Today our server at work broke down at lunch time so I went home and did some major cleaning in the bathroom and the downstairs hall and the room where we have the washing machine.
Took a walk with DS this afternoon altho' it was drizzly and grey and just ugly.

Breakfast: half a white wheat bun with salami/cheese
Lunch: spaghetti with goulash
Snack: chocolate
Dinner: leftover linguine which I tossed in a pan with some tomatoe cubes, added 2 table spoons of cream, parmesan cheese, basil and garlic, very yummie

Now I'm off to bed to read a bit.

See you all tomorrow.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:30 AM

lunch...

vanilla yogurt with Grapenuts
left-over ham on whole wheat with mustard

dinner...

whole wheat penne with vodka sauce
low fat popcorn

Old 05-12-2009, 08:39 AM

72,460 posts, read 18,223,569 times
lunch..

avocado turkey sandwich
tea

dinner

beef vegetable soup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals