Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 03:51 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,636,848 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Hard to believe back to work already. We had a wonderful vacation on Hilton Head Island and the kids say besides Disney World, this was their best vacation. My daughter's swimming championship at NC State was a success and her team took first place. Along with quite a few ribbons and a medal, my daughter got a trophy for most improved swimmer from beginning to end. I've convinced her to join the year round Raleigh swim team beginning very soon. Tonight also begins my 12 year old's football season. So, whats on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Monday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 04:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,888,470 times
Welcome back Jeannie and wow your daughter is awesome!!!!! Guess FB season/practices are starting. So glad you enjoyed Hilton Head. I'm in love with Myrtle Beach.

Ribs were awesome last night and I ate 4!!!!

Breakfast will be the usual.
Lunch-?
Dinner-maybe leftovers.

Happy day NCN,Izzy,Diana and wade thru that 1st day back Jeannie.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:53 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,636,848 times
Thanks Judi. I have to say I'd rather stay in bed today.

breakfast...

oatmeal with sliced banana and soymilk
water with lemons
supplements

Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,401,099 times
Jeannie, sounds like you had a lot of fun. Congratulations to your daughter. You must be a very proud mom!!!!!!!!!1

Judi, the ribs sound so yummie!

Today was the first day this year that I had to bring DS to day nursery before 6:30 a.m. Poor baby was sleeping on my arm when I got him out of bed into the bathroom. He even had to take Knut his icebear and his blue monkey to the kids... My two aunts will pick him up and go with him to the playground today - no need for him to be sad.

1 Granny Smith apple
1 small icecream
2 slices of w/w bread with a tad butter and a Wiener Schnitzel
1 slice of water melon
1 yogurt with vanilla sauce
1 piece of chocolate

Enjoy August..........

Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,693,790 times
Good morning ladies. It is a busy one here today too.

My granddaughter's team placed nineth in something. I never did figure it out. I got to see twenty some pictures of her as part of the all star fast pitch softball team on facebook. She pitches and plays second base when she is not pitching. She looks like a giant in the pictures. I asked how tall she is now and the answer is just 5'6". She is not even 14 yet and two inches taller than I am.

We will soon be going to the aquatic center. I will do weights and he will do water exercises and then the weight room. I do cardio for 2, 1/2 hour sessions and then every different machine in the place, it seems.

Congratulations to your children in their team sports. That is good executive training from what I have read.

Coffee and milk
banana
strawberry light and fit yogurt

Diana, give Miguel a hug from all of us. He is so cute.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:51 AM

72,476 posts, read 18,229,368 times
So good to see you back Jeannie! Congrats to your daughter! wow! proud mommy!

Have company coming for 3 days,they haven't arrived yet,probably will be taking them around.

Soymilk,oatbran with some fruit.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:12 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,289,095 times
Hi Izzy, thanks for the rep...I keep forgetting to come over here...not that your are all forgettable, you are totally unforgettable, it's just me..my mind drifts a lot..keep reminding me and I will hop over girl..

I had a protein shake this morning, been eating too much and not feeling good at all..think I will do a shake at lunch and then a sensible dinner, isnt that the old saying...

Been trying to get things put away here, been in this house 2 months and finally it is starting to feel like 'home'. I need to get some drapery panels for the family room, a pretty solid green shower curtain for the guest bath, and get my new comforter etc..on my bed..its still in the bag, been sitting on the floor in the bedroom for a month...i just run out of gas, I guess..pooped out.

Ok will check in later...cheerio!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:00 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,888,470 times
FogMom-2 months already??? Where did that fly to?

Went out for late breakfast/early lunch as had to take Mr. L to doctor. Crohns is insidious-he had an abcess and it was draining but he said it's normal.

I had a mexican omelet and told them no cheese, dry wheat toast. Mr. L had hot beef sandwich and mashed.

Dinner will be leftovers-ribs and rice n beans-worth a repeat.

Hey check the Kitchen thread for a great shrimp/mac salad from DogMom.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:37 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,289,095 times
I had another protein shake with strawberries for lunch, i think it's french toast for dinner..not feeling real sharp today and not very hungry..hopefully tomorrow a better food day:/

Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,693,790 times
Good evening. My very busy day is winding down. After exercising we came home to fish, turnip greens and hushpuppies. I started to post my lunch and Mr. VA found me asleep in the desk chair and about to fall out. Never got it done. I went to bed and got up just in time to make mesquite chicken for American Legion pot luck. We really had a nice aux. meeting tonight and got our orders for the special Sunday meeting. This is one busy American Legion. As I said before, if I didn't do anything else throughout retirement, keeping up with these people would keep me busy. There is a lot of Christian love at our post. Lacey, the Sunday afternoon meal involves chicken wings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals