Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:14 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,886,260 times

Advertisements

That's the pits-every morning I eat fruit ON yogurt, pick on grapes after lunch, and have a dish of fresh fruit 1/2 hr after dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 12:28 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,689,334 times
Oh, Jeannie, that is so sweet. She is so cute too. I got a little misty just reading it. My oldest granddaughter starts high school this year. I remember stopping at the Virginia line rest stop and calling my daughter to see how she was doing with the labor and being told she was born already.

Carmac, I don't put anything on my eggo's and sometimes wonder if I should try something else, but eggos are so easy first thing of the morning. I get the strawberry flavored and they are good all by themselves. I have to at least add butter for plain ones so I don't buy them.

Mr. VA was ready for lunch, so we had a salad and chicken dog, roll and sweet salad cubes. I didn't use any dressing on the lettuce, tomato, cucumber and touch of onion salad, but used 12 croutons.

Chickrae, I don't remember welcoming you. Be sure to stay with us. We love new additions as well at the other friends.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:31 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
That's the pits-every morning I eat fruit ON yogurt, pick on grapes after lunch, and have a dish of fresh fruit 1/2 hr after dinner.
Lacey, unless you have ulcers, I can't see how that would be a problem. If it works for you, don't worry what someone else says. My friend could not eat fruit without hurting other times of the day. You are doing great and I would not change a thing when something is working.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:34 PM
NCN

To my friends who love peanut butter--I do too.
2 tablespoons low fat Harris Teeter peanut butter.
9 vanilla wafers
Together heavenly!
Small coffee and milk.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:10 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,551,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
9 vanilla wafers
Together heavenly!
Small coffee and milk.
NCN...sounds wonderful...and I love peanut butter...

I've never seen that brand, but I'm gonna try this with another low fat brand...I'm sure it will work as well???

Old 08-25-2009, 04:18 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,502,439 times
[quote=carmac;10443391]

Quote:
No Chickrae...we don't have an Aldes...but I went to Aldes in WI when I visited my son and family...we have Winco here that is pretty cool! Good prices like Aldes, and you bag your own groceries.
The first time I went to one was here in Oklahoma. I like the fit and lte yogurt they have better than yoplait, kiwi lime, strawberry cheesecake...my favorites. The bagging the groceries is usually a hastle, because I bought the Alde bags, but I always forget them when I go.

Quote:
My 'baby' will be 40 this Friday...she comes home Thursday from Africa where she went for a Mission's Trip...I can't wait to see her!!
I bet you are excited. How long has she been gone? I had two sons that went away at different times for 2 years each. One to Argentina and one to Spain. I couldn't believe how long the that two years was. It was worse than sending my son off to college in another state. Yes, no matter how old they are they will always be our babies.

[quote=NCN;10446522]

Quote:
Chickrae, I don't remember welcoming you. Be sure to stay with us. We love new additions as well at the other friends.
Thankyou, I plan on staying. You all keep me motivated.

[quote=NCN;10449707]

Quote:
9 vanilla wafers
Together heavenly!
That sounds good. I don't know that I have ever heard of that brand of peanut butter.

[quote=jeannie216;10445101]

Quote:
I cried watching my daughter walk into school this morning on her first day. She knew it too. Told me not to cry and gave me a big hug. Trying to enjoy each and every moment with my kids.
It never gets easier does it? I remember when my last one went to school I cried and tried not too. Then I did the same thing when she took her daughter to school and I was there....she cried, I cried and my grandaugter cried too.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,886,260 times
Well my baby will be 39 in Oct and my 2nd will be 37 in Jan-my grandson will be 19 in Oct! (PS I was married very young-LOL). Same here-first day, cry but it is the real Mother's Day. Used to go home, grab a cup of coffee and say whew.

NCN I loved HT when I visited NC-the best store ever.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,551,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well my baby will be 39 in Oct and my 2nd will be 37 in Jan-my grandson will be 19 in Oct! (PS I was married very young-LOL).
Me too...I was 18...just 2 months shy of my 19th birthday.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:01 PM

It sounds like alot of us were married young. I was married at 19, 10 years later had 5 kids.....whew...makes me tired thinking about it. Glad they are raised.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:03 PM

Oh almsot forgot.

For afternoon snack I had 7 triscuits with 1 piece of lean turkey.

No dinner and later had a skinny cow ice cream......I am addicted to those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals