Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Its so hard to believe but this month is our one year Anniversary for our move from NJ to NC. WOW, that went fast! Now, if I announced to my children this morning we were moving back to NJ, my daughter would not be happy and would want to stay, but my son would be the first one in the car. Hopefully with time, he'll feel differently. Probably at least another year when we settle in our own home and not a rental home will make the situation easier also. So whats on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Tuesday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 05:14 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning all.

Jeannie that year just flew.

Carmac-bless your daughter-back to work already.

NCN-what great neighbors to have. This has been a long healing for you.

Spider-congrats on the loss.

Izzy-so sad what's happening out there.

Lisa,Diana-hugs.

Breakfast-the same.

Yesterday's lunch was chicken salad and spin salad. Dinner-pizza!!

Lunch today-1% cott ch, spin
Dinner-boneless chicken breasts, black beans and rice, salad.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:54 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Good morning ladies,

Jeannie- Congrats on being in NC for a year. Kids are different that way. My DH moved to NC with his 2 kids back in '95. One moved away and lives in NJ. The other one, his daughter never wants to leave. She loves how safe it is here. I'm with her. She is just over the border from us.

Carmac- I hope your test went well. Glad to hear your DD is well enough for work.

Spider- Yum. Cheesecake. Can you share your recipe?

NCN- Take care of your foot. It's nice when you have nice neighbors.

Looks like another gray day here. I thought I left NY, lol. Fruit for breakfast. I must be losing my mind. I bought 2 good cantaloupes, finally, and I cut one up yesterday and put it into a container. Then I forgot all about it.

Melon for breakfast. Rotisserie chicken and corn on the cob for lunch and dinner. More fruit for snacking and dessert.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:56 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,103 times
Morning Jeannie and Lacey.

Jeannie.......congrats on your 1 year anniversary. Time sure does fly.

Not sure what is on the agenda for today. I do have to run to the store. DH got his check today and I was totally broke so this week is shopping.
I'll probably get fruit salads, who grains and meats.
May just have WW toast with peanut butter this morning and 1 1/2 strawberries.
Soup for lunch

Dinner is a mystery. Bill is having leftovers and I just wing it.

Maybe some northern beans with salsa, half a sweet potatoe and brussel sprouts.

I sound so boring today.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times
Hello Jeannie, Judi, Lisa, elizamary, NCN, Izzy, carmac, spiderbear and all the others!

Jeannie - I can't believe already a whole year has passed. And there I was thinking girls were more sensitive when surroundings change and not the guys Poor boy, I hope he gets used to living down there really soon.

NCN - sending good vibes for your foot!

Izzy - stay safe!

Nothing special planned so far. It's quite warm outside so I'm going to throw DS into his pool and play with him outside.

Tonight's step aerobic time but we'll probably use the beautiful weather for one of the last biking tours this year - let's wait and see.

Breakfast: 2 chocolate cookies
Snack: some grapes
Lunch: fried potatoes aspic and tartar sauce

Have a sunny day!
Diana

Old 09-01-2009, 08:13 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Good morning ladies.

Jeannie, we moved when I was in the third grade and I thought I would never fit in. It made me wonder how children of parents who move a lot function. They must spend their whole lives adjusting. My brother was in the Air Force and his children have lived from Alaska to South Carolina. They both settled down in the center of the country.

Thanks for the foot well wishes. The color is coming back to normal and I think there are two cut places when the skin was broken. It kept looking black in that area and I now realize the black is a scab. It is amazing to me that only the little toe is broken and I am not sure the toe was broken in the accident. I have stumped that toe several times since the accident because I walk funny. Wrapping it really helps keep it out of trouble.

Septmeber 1 is a brand new beginning.
So coffee and milk (1/2 cup 1%)
banana
strawberry Dannon light and fit yogurt

N. C. insect--Honeybee
N. C. mammal--grey or gray squirrel--I changed the spelling twice--I think grey is correct.
N. C. vegetable--sweet potato

Symbols of North Carolina

Last edited by NCN; 09-01-2009 at 08:47 AM..

Old 09-01-2009, 08:13 AM

72,419 posts, read 18,205,480 times
Happy one year anniversary Jeannie!

Thanks everyone,I think Californians are used to the fires,quakes,pollution and stuff,folks here love the life in California,People are still exercising outside,biking.Life is really as usual here. It's just the magnitude of the fires that worries us.

NCN! take care of your foot!

Eliza,your are right about dinner,not sure what yet, especially when I have no kids,I eat anything that comes to mind!

Just Coffee now,going to a meeting pretty soon at 8am

Old 09-01-2009, 08:39 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Happy one year anniversary Jeannie!

Thanks everyone,I think Californians are used to the fires,quakes,pollution and stuff,folks here love the life in California,People are still exercising outside,biking.Life is really as usual here. It's just the magnitude of the fires that worries us.

NCN! take care of your foot!

Eliza,your are right about dinner,not sure what yet, especially when I have no kids,I eat anything that comes to mind!

Just Coffee now,going to a meeting pretty soon at 8am
Californians are really incredible. We are all worried about you and you are taking it in stride. I wonder if the people who have bought the house on our street did that to be more secure in their old age. He is a firefighter. We really look forward to have that talent in our town. We have two paid firefighters and the rest are volunteer.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,547,000 times
Good morning everyone...

I hope everyone has a great day...it's cooler here in California today...but, I'm thinking that that's because of all the smoke in the air...it's blocking the sun. This isn't how I wanted to get cooler weather.

Thank you Lisa & Judi for inquiring about my daughter...also Lisa...I'm glad the mammo is over...but, I'm concerned about all the x-rays I've had recently getting this taken care of!

Judi...I looked in Super Target for the 1% Cottage Cheese, but if they carry it, they were out the day I was there...I'll keep looking!

MM...I did sleep well after yesterday's running around! Thank you!

Jeannie...happy anniversary on your move. I remember that my parents moved us my first year of high school...I thought I'd die leaving all my lifelong friends...but it turned out fine once school started! How old is your son? I hope that he will be fine with time...it takes some kids longer to adjust.

Izzy...you're right...Californians are used to all this and life goes on as usual! I do salute all our firefighters and their families...they are a brave lot!

NCN...glad your foot is healing...and yes, September is a new beginning...thank heaven! I got a package of the strawberry eggo's and tried them out yesterday with "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" spray...they were great...but I think I'll only have one today though, instead of the two I ate yesterday!!

elizamary...sounds like you are off to a good start!

I don't have anything on my agenda for today...I'm doing laundry and will most likely just take it easy today...I have absolutely no idea what's for lunch or dinner yet...but, I'll get back with you...

later....

Old 09-01-2009, 12:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Hey all just back from shopping for new jeans-again-should open a shop!!!!!

Had lunch out-poached eggs on dry whole wheat eng muff. Also got some little things to take "home" to my angels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals