Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 08:20 AM

72,433 posts, read 18,213,781 times

Advertisements

Happy Sunday everyone!

Visiting friends and doing the Sunday things How about you?

Having my usual soymilk,oatmeal and some fruit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,869,869 times
Good morning Izzy-just you and me lately!!!!

Shopping done, all delivered.

Breakfast-usual
Lunch-cottage ch/avocado
Dinner-leftover meatloaf,corn,salad,gravy.

Cold and snow expected.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:30 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,660,457 times
I have been watching the weather channel every morning to see how everybody is doing. Wow! That's all I can say about it. I felt like we were in the only warm place in America. The weather was great, but I am just not a beach person. I stayed on the beach one day and then we had to find other things to do.

We spent one day on a water taxi. We were one of the few people on board who had English as the first language. I would like to go do that again. It was fun and I think I would do it better next time. I know where the good stops are now.

Mr. VA caught a cold and didn't feel like doing anything Friday, so I jumped on the bus that went by the condo and rode the entire 3-4 hour route. It started out in condo country and went to a mix and then we got to an area where I was the only white person onboard. I am so glad I did that. The commercial area, etc. gives you a much different picture of Southern Florida. The people there are very Christian and extremely friendly. I got to speak to many of the locals and the bus driver had married a girl from North Carolina. My husband would have hated it and would have been very uncomfortable, but I enjoyed every minute of it. The only bad experience to the entire thing were the fire ants at the bus stop. I know how to stay away from them though.

I think I could adjust to living in Southern Florida until the hurricanes arrive. It was good to get home. I like a little bit of cold weather every year. I wish we would get enough to kill the fire ants. Yes, those little creatures plague me.

I am going to go find something for us to eat now. It will probably be sweet potatoes and chicken. I hope the stove heats up the kitchen good. We eat in the kitchen because the dining room is right beside the sliding glass door. It is only warm there when the sun shines inside.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:14 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,660,457 times
It ended up being mesquite chicken and corn on the cob I found in the freezor which I found when I was getting the chicken out. Coffee and milk to drink.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:18 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,674,759 times
home made pimento and cheese for lunch

roasted hen, leftover pintos, mac and cheese, fruit salad, devil eggs and cornbread for dinner...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals