Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 04:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,873,077 times

Advertisements

Very good morning all. Jeannie has lots to do between work and holidays but will be back with us shortly.

Wow is it ever cold-yesterday was bitter and today's not much better, 25 below.

Pizza was so good last nite-very thin crust.

Planning Christmas Eve and Day menus here-we were going away but it didn't feel right.

Breakfast-yog/fruit-what else.

Lunch-may be out.

Dinner-pepper/egg/onion subs,salad.

Hard to believe 10 days til Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,665,805 times
Judi, that sounds worse than Alaska. My brother and his family spent several years there and his daughter was born there. They were scheduled to come back home and we got a letter stating that they would be a while longer because my mom and dad were to be grandparents again and my sister-in-law could not travel. That was the good news and the bad news.

Mr. VA has an appointment this morning so we will be getting out in all this rain. We are floating and freezing and you seem to be blowing and a ball of ice. I think it is called Winter, but Winter only starts on the 21st.

Coffee and milk
vanilla yogurt
banana

I can't believe it is just 10 days until Christmas. I don't think I will bother putting up a tree this year either. There will be no children here to enjoy it and it will just make me tired. I think I will buy one of those red flowers instead and maybe keep it inside and let it be my tree every year. Sorry, I don't know the correct spelling for the P-flower, but I love them. My daughter's family and we are going to meet at our son's home on the 26th. I need to do a little shopping.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:11 AM

72,440 posts, read 18,216,305 times
Good morning Ladies,Lacey and NCN!

We can sing the ten days of Christmas already! wow!

I am mixing some juice and chopping some nuts into the banana on wheat bread.

Need to take mom running around delivering gifts and a Chanukkah party tonight.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:52 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,665,805 times
Yes, I guess we can sing the 10 days of Christmas if we want to, but one of us will have to write it first, or I am missing something. The Twelve Days of Christmas starts on Christmas Day and keeps going until about January 6th which was the Old Christmas in England and maybe other European countries. If you go to a barn on that Twelth Night at midnight, you can hear the animals talk, or so my mother told me. We always left our Christmas Tree up until Old Christmas. Now if you have a tree up past New Year's, everybody wants to know why your tree is still up. That is why I am not even bothering this year. I hate seeing people's Christmas trees in the trash the day after Christmas. I am just a little old fashioned.

I did some shopping today, but didn't buy anything. We will be Christmas shopping on our birthdays this year. His is the 17th and mine is the 18th. Hope we get lunch out at least. When we went to the timeshare, we won the introductory party prize because we had the closest day to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. I am giving it to our neighbor for watching the cats because we don't drink alcoholic beverages. It was a small bottle with two plastic cups and a balloon. We enjoyed the balloon.

Mr. VA asked what I wanted for my birthday and I told him I had already had it. It was the trip to Florida. He told me that is what he wanted for his birthday too.

We ate out using our bingo winnings from week before last for lunch after the trip to the doctor which was just a check up and more medicine prescriptions. Nothing changed. I had a gravy biscuit and coffee and he had a sausage biscuit and diet coke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals