Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2009, 04:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,889,282 times

Advertisements

Morning all.

NCN good for you to chill and relax.

Haircut early this morning and then a 100 mi round trip to the only military base to get supplies. So lunch will be out and maybe dinner too.

These past few Christmas', tho depressing, have been relaxing. No wrapping, decorating,etc as I shipped everything early and then shopped on line for some. I have told Mr. L that next year I do not want to be here-I am trying to convince him to go home from Thanksgiving thru Christmas. I have him convinced about TGiving and have time to work on him to stay longer. Life's too short and who knows how many we have left.

Breakfast-the usual
Lunch-out
Dinner-if I win-out, if I lose-cheese omelets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 08:32 AM

72,477 posts, read 18,230,294 times
Good morning Lacey! Rained last night,temps a little down which is great for my sinuses!

Busy all day doing family stuff,I wish we will all get through this! too much to do,but it only happens once a year,thank God!

Having my usual breakfast,and out soon..

Old 12-22-2009, 08:54 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,695,185 times
Good morning. I usually greet you in my sleepwear, but today I am up, ready to vacuum the whole house and then go shopping. I really need a shopping fix. I used to shop when Mr. VA was sitting behind his computer working. He is still coughing, so I hope I get to leave him home.

Lacey, I know these men have to keep an eye on finances, but how do we light a fire under them to get them going. I am not an exist person. I want to live every moment I am alive. When we went to Florida I was running a low grade fever, but I figured having a cold in Florida was better than staying home. So I loaded my nitetime in the suitcase, kept quiet about how I felt and went on. The only really bad day I had there was Sunday. My head hurt half the day. Seeing all those strange people in Miami with a headache was much better than sitting on the sofa at home. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Now I know what the people on these threads mean when they talk about diversity. I live a very sheltered life here in Sweet Union County.

I had to talk myself into being good at breakfast. I really wanted to make pancakes.

Coffee and milk
banana
yogurt

Lacey, I see you are getting out more. I think that is great.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:40 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,889,282 times
NCN-finances aren't his big problem-DD had 3 dogs and 6 kids and I think that works on his nerves. Told him we could break it up by weeks-a week with DS, a week w/DD, back to DS and then end at DD's.

Your Miami reference made me laugh-it is diverse and crazy.

Lunch was on the way home-chicken salad on a toasted croissant-know the croissant wasn't a good choice but it called my name.

Dinner will be out at our local Cheers.

Grocery finish up tomorrow before we get buried in snow.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:14 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,695,185 times
Lacey, from what I read, being around that much activity could make him sick. 6 children and 3 dogs would scare me too. I like my children and grandchildren in small doses. My mother used to go sit in her easy chair and sort of tune out when we all came to visit. I understand now. She would have the food cooked and on the stove and she turned that over to us when we got there. No table in the world would have seated all of us. Five children and spouses and 11 grandchildren and their friends. Everybody loved to go to Mom's. We called her house "Grand Central Station."

I love chicken salad in a croissant. You need some grain products.

We have a chance for a white Christmas this year.

Tuesday50° / 28° Wednesday50° / 32° Thursday48° / 36° Friday55° / 34°

We are having rain and if the temperature goes down just a little bit, it could happen. I went shopping in a sweatshirt with a Christmas tree on the front of it. It was just fine until I stayed too long in the grocery store and the sun went down. I got cold on the way to the car. I had eaten nothing since breakfast so I dug into the potato chips on the drive home. I then had Special K. Hope my doctor is not reading this.

I got the cutest e-mail this morning. It said something about forgetting about your weight and other things were mentioned too. It said to let the doctor worry about that; that's what he gets paid for.

Bought a red, red dress--it was really red! V-necked, 3/4 length sleeves and the skirt had several lengths and layers but evens out at the bottom. I could wear it to a party or it will be acceptable at church. The material was the accordian type that stretches.

Last edited by NCN; 12-22-2009 at 05:29 PM..

Old 12-22-2009, 11:25 PM

72,477 posts, read 18,230,294 times
Love to see you in that red dress NCN! sounds very pretty! very festive!

I had some fast food all day,trying to catch up on shopping and doing family stuff, didn't cook,just had a tv dinner which was a lemon chicken.

Good nite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals