Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 04:22 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,873,077 times

Advertisements

Happy morning-no knee probs last night and slept like a rock.

Went out for about an hour-never made it to eating-just a drink and visit with good friends then home. Leftover Chinese heated up w/ultra hot mustard.

Taxes today and maybe lunch out before the state of MN cleans us out as they do every year.

Temps were gorgeous yesterday and then wow did they drop!

Breakfast-the usual
Lunch-??
Dinner-scallops and pasta.

Happy day all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 08:25 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,665,805 times
Good morning Lacey. Life goes on for some of us. Remember the 90 something year old lady in the Bojangles bingo that wondered why she was still alive. She said, "Doesn't God want me." She was so sweet and so depressed. I think if my husband had kept working, he would not be here now. I try my best to keep down the stress around here and I am sure you do that too.

Coffee and milk
huge banana--Came from Harris Teeter.
vanilla yogurt

It's snowing in Denver. Just heard that on the weather channel. I have learned to wait until at least May to go on vacation. Spring in the Rockies is really stormy.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:43 AM

72,439 posts, read 18,216,305 times
Good morning Ladies! My mom is 90. She drives,goes shopping,can't keep up with her! We are all tired and I want to go home in the evening,she is still at the shopping center! God Bless her!
Honestly,most people think she is only in her 70's,because she has no creases on her face. Good genes! I wish I could live that long!
My usual breakfast,havent had oatmeal for a while,just eggwhites and juice. feel better with mixed juice and veggies,that's what my mom has every morning for years.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:23 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,665,805 times
Izzy, maybe you should call your Mom and post what she is eating to help us out. I have found that most people who are older are the way your Mom is. I think this lady was just lonely or maybe she does not eat right. She lives with her granddaughter and she made a few comments about the strange food they eat. Sounded like they were junk food people.

I am just about to put a frozen chicken breast in the oven. It is one of those huge breasts and I will probably cut it so we can each have half. Maybe add corn on the cob--not sure about the vegetable yet; I may decide on green beans.

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring and was my sister's birthday. We called her a Spring chicken and I fully expected her to live to be close to 90 as a lot of my relatives have done.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,873,077 times
Hi again--

Lunch was NE clam chowdah and egg salad on wheat.

It's freezing here. UGH

Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 PM

72,439 posts, read 18,216,305 times
I have been busy and eating junk food all day! ugh! I actually got my mom to take an internet class. She can really find stuff.but no,she doesn't like the computer that much,only when she needs to. She loves to read and read chinese newspapers,she would always tell me the latest stuff going on.
Good nite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals