Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 11:40 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,765,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Show live shots on Channel 8 News with a crowd of 20 people screaming in dramatized excitement at the camera.
Donald Trump should buy Victory Park, he would know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 11:52 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Show live shots on Channel 8 News with a crowd of 20 people screaming in dramatized excitement at the camera.
LMAO...I think the biggest problem with Dallas is the city comes up with these huge projects but the projects offer no substance. Dallas could have easily reviatalize the West End a historic area of Dallas that actually has substance. Downtown Dallas could have been revitalzie by making it more people friendly, converting vacant buildings into condos, adding resturants and shops etc. Once downtown is Dallas alive and well than you move into the major projects like TRV and uptown expansion.

All of the above is what Fort Worth has done and it has been a great success for the city.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
LMAO...I think the biggest problem with Dallas is the city comes up with these huge projects but the projects offer no substance. Dallas could have easily reviatalize the West End a historic area of Dallas that actually has substance. Downtown Dallas could have been revitalzie by making it more people friendly, converting vacant buildings into condos, adding resturants and shops etc. Once downtown is Dallas alive and well than you move into the major projects like TRV and uptown expansion.

All of the above is what Fort Worth has done and it has been a great success for the city.
I rather have a empty Victory Park than a old ugly power plant.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:13 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
I rather have a empty Victory Park than a old ugly power plant.
Spoken like a true Dallasite

Old 08-05-2010, 02:27 PM

326 posts, read 962,397 times
Quote:
Lets just hope this isn't going to be another pretty Downtown Dallas building that will be sitting empty for awhile. Hopefully its proximity to Uptown & the Woodall Rogers Park Deck will give it a boost. *crosses fingers*

Are they going to do away with that surface lot & turn it into a parking garage or build one across the street?
The surface lot is going to stay there... it's not part of the project (hopefully a new museum or arts building somewhere down the line). Parking for Museum Tower will be below ground, under the tower.

Museum Tower Dallas: Site Plan (http://www.museumtowerdallas.com/Architecture/SitePlan.aspx - broken link)

Old 08-05-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwcre8tive View Post
The surface lot is going to stay there... it's not part of the project (hopefully a new museum or arts building somewhere down the line). Parking for Museum Tower will be below ground, under the tower.

Museum Tower Dallas: Site Plan (http://www.museumtowerdallas.com/Architecture/SitePlan.aspx - broken link)
I thought the surface lot was apart of the project, I guess I was wrong.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:19 PM

326 posts, read 962,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
I thought the surface lot was apart of the project, I guess I was wrong.
No. In fact, the lot was recently improved with new paving and landscaping and it looks quite nice (for a surface lot). It's commonly used for valet and special event parking at the surrounding museums.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:07 PM

687 posts, read 1,578,343 times
I'm watching the giant backhoes scooping up dirt from the site onto dump trucks out my office window right now. That part alone looks like it's going to take a while.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:10 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:

Downtown Dallas has been revitalizing for the past 15 years. They have been converting vacant office buildings into condos. That's why the downtown population has grown over this past decade. They've also added restaurants in this same time span. They also have a new and improve arts district in downtown Dallas. Please don't compare Fort Worth to Dallas. Fort Worth's core is tiny compared to Dallas nor do they have the amount of neighborhoods that Dallas has. What Fort Worth has done is different than what Dallas has done because they are two different cities.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:21 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
What is Dallas going to do to fix "Victory Park". This should be a top priority for the city considering the project had millions invested in it.
they should do nothing with it. Leave that in the hands of the developer and that has changed hands. VP's better days are ahead of them now that they are going a different route. They tried to build a luxurious wealthy trap from scratch and it didn't work. I don't think that would work in any city including London and New York. So now they are changing their business and building that museum will be a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas