Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 07:24 PM

3 posts, read 37,865 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Dallas Texas for about 3 years as a single woman and LOVED IT. I'm planning on moving back with my husband and our two small children under the age of 5 to pursue our dreams.... well to assist my husband in pursuing his dreams-luckily; I can work anywhere as I work in IT. My husband wants to open his own mechanic shop. I suggested Texas because based on living expenses, Texas would be the most inexpensive place to open up shop and live an affordable lifestyle. Now, I lived in Plano, Desoto, and Dallas and I had wonderful experience with all locations. Can anyone suggest where would be the best location to open a mechanic shop that is:
1. Safe neighborhood
2. Inexpensive rental (for shop)
3. Busy intersection
Also, I would prefer that the business location is not too far from our home. So, that means I would also need to figure out the best place to raise our family.
1. Great schools
2. Great home prices $300,000 max (as of now)
3. Family friendly

Just to give you background about us. I love shopping and focusing on the kids. My husband loves bar-B-Q's and cooking. We're a young family but we're family oriented so we like to spend lots of time together. Hanging out with friends and so on.

The list goes on and on...but I'm pretty sure you get the gist of where I'm going with this.
Thanks for responding!!

Last edited by SoFred; 12-06-2010 at 07:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 11:55 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
My son lives on the eastern edge of Little Elm, right next to the Frisco line. There are tons of new subdivisions out there (FM 423 and Eldorado). I don't remember seeing anything but the chanis, however I don't know about rents. It's a good area as that side can feed into the Frisco ISD and there are some upscale housing areas. You can also find the new houses for 180K-300K areas, too.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Good luck.

Mechanic shops are a dime a dozen around D/FW. On every corner almost.

I suggest looking into the smaller cities & towns of Texas.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: