Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:55 AM

421 posts, read 3,225,139 times

Advertisements

What do you think of the quantity and the quality of the men over 40 in Dallas?

Is the song true about all the exes left in Texas? Or is it slim pickins' out there? Be honest!!

And is country music dancing a requirement? The last time I did any line dancing was to achey brakey heart!

Are there bars out there geared towards older crowds or are they all mostly for the 20-30's crowd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 01:08 AM

Default O oh!

OK, I know I'm replying to my own post, but 24 hours with NO RESPONSE!!!

can't be a good sign!

Old 07-13-2007, 07:15 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,148,243 times
It just means that the demographic your looking for doesn't have a strong online presence in Dallas.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:27 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,471,838 times
I'm your demographic, but don't know the answer to your question. I don't date or attempt to date, so I don't know the 40s single scene here.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:12 PM

197 posts, read 1,138,745 times
Since you live in northern CA, you need to know that for dating, Texas is best defined as the 4 B's... blondes, b**bs, bubbas and beer.

As to bars & dating in your 40's, this is the only place I could recommend... Balcony Club. This is a much more parochial state than CA, by far. Good luck!

Next question?

Old 07-13-2007, 10:39 PM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,394,051 times
You could also check with one of the 40+ singles meetup groups in the area too. I'm not in the singles meetups, but I really enjoy some of the other ones and I like the whole meetup.com concept.

40 & Better Single's Meetup
40 & Better Single's Meetup (Irving, TX) - Meetup.com (http://singles.meetup.com/747/?gj=sj2 - broken link)

Mesquite 40+ Singles Food & Fun Meetup Group
Mesquite 40+ Singles Food & Fun Meetup Group (Mesquite, TX) - Meetup.com

Ellis County Singles 40+ Food & Fun Meetup Group (Waxahachie)
Ellis County Singles 40+ Food & Fun Meetup Group (Waxahachie, TX) - Meetup.com (http://singles.meetup.com/1105/?gj=sj2 - broken link)

Old 07-14-2007, 08:19 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,550,601 times
Am another of your target, but also not on the market . . . .

but here is what I follow -- and it is bit of mindtwister -- your best hunting ground is the churches. Yeah, that is how it done. The biggie sized ones have all sorts of sub-groups (just for that?) Dunno. Not my trip, but happy hunting.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:32 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,384,846 times
all of DFW is prime hunting grounds for eligible men in their 40s! matter of fact, on a recent Oprah show, Arlington was ranked as one of the top 5 cities or so, for thirty and fortysomething year old ELIGIBLE men, i mean, gainfully employed decent catches.
by the way, i NEVER EVER line dance. just not my thang. i like two steppin, Texas waltz, etc..........
being single/divorced and 42, if looking for an eligible man was my TOP #1 priority, no doubt i would move back to the DFW metroplex area....
but i am going to the Hill Country..hope the hunting is decent there lol!

Old 07-14-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
all of DFW is prime hunting grounds for eligible men in their 40s! matter of fact, on a recent Oprah show, Arlington was ranked as one of the top 5 cities or so, for thirty and fortysomething year old ELIGIBLE men, i mean, gainfully employed decent catches.
by the way, i NEVER EVER line dance. just not my thang. i like two steppin, Texas waltz, etc..........
being single/divorced and 42, if looking for an eligible man was my TOP #1 priority, no doubt i would move back to the DFW metroplex area....
but i am going to the Hill Country..hope the hunting is decent there lol!
Bellestaroftexas all I can say is thank goodness you answered my post I was getting so depressed because I dont get why theres no single men and women in their 40's on this forum...unless there's hardly any in Dallas?!! Shouldn't single people have more time on their hands than married folks with kids??

I guess I thought Fort Worth was a suburb of Dallas?..yes/no? why does it have more singles than Dallas? How far is it from Dallas? dont people from FW go to Dallas for the clubs/bars or entertainment? Its bizarre that single men are hanging out in the suburbs..unless its because they have kids in school there?? is that it??

I'm also very confused as to whether or not Dallas is very cosmopolitan?? I guess I thought it was from all the pictures I've seen of the downtown which looks great and the fact that its so big and has so much business/industries .. But KBillys post made me think I was just hallucinating...?

Its not like getting married is my #1 reason to move to TX. If it was, I would just stay here in N.Ca I wanted to move to a place where I could find people that I would have a lot in common with...both men and women.. and realistically that would have to be other single people because married and single people dont hang out together for the most part!

more thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-15-2007, 04:18 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,384,846 times
oh no darlin! Ft Worth is NOT NOT NOT a suburb of Dallas. Ft Worth is its very own city and a WORLD apart from Dallas, the geographic proximity is the only thing they share.
Ft Worth is where I have spent most of my adult life (and rural counties up to 80 miles west of Ft Worth). I RARELY went to Dallas, and actually avoided Dallas like the plague-usually went just when I had to fly out of DFW.
Ft Worth is a big ole cowtown. Dallas is a city slicker city.
Both are FULL of single urban professionals.
May I suggest you go on amazon or somewhere and order two books: Born Texan by Robin Cole and Fixin to be Texan by Helen Bryant..both very entertaining and valuable reading for those who wanna be Texan!
and by the way, i have pondered the same thang-how come so few singles on CD..you would think they have more time on their hands than married with kids folk! i dont get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas