Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 05:44 PM

14 posts, read 44,243 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

I'll be visiting the area in a couple weeks. Unfortunately I won't have much free time. What area some MUSTS to do/see in the area? Most of my free time will be after 5pm.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 06:07 PM

218 posts, read 1,487,181 times
After 5pm? Tough one . . . If it's open, Thanksgiving Square is a beautiful surprise in downtown Dallas... inside the chapel - look up! Here's a little blurb about it: Thanks-Giving Square / Dallas Sights & Activities

Maybe the best Texas BBQ around is "Sonny Bryan's", and there's a Sonny Bryan's less than a mile from Thanksgiving Square (check it out through the link noted above)

The "WEST END" is a good place to catch free music almost any night of the week. I remember when the Dixie Chicks played on the street corner by the Spaghetti Warehouse for tips.... Lots of good places to eat down there, and some fun shopping in the West End Marketplace too. Most stuff open past 5 pm I think. It is near downtown too.

Here's a website I happened upon, in trying to think of other ideas for you. It shows -sadly - that too many places shut down at 5 o'clock in Dallas. Bummer. . . Hope you find some fun exploring inspite of that!
Here's the link: Dallas, Texas 50 Free Things to Do & See - Tour Texas Destination

Old 07-15-2007, 06:24 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,468,083 times
The West End Marketplace Mall closed, but there are still a few other places to go to down there, I hear.

If you feel like shopping, you might try Northpark Mall on Central/75 at Park Lane.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:35 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,172,355 times
1) West End is pretty dead these days but adjacent to it is the brand-new Victory Park complex with its huge Tokyo-style video screens (free classic movies on Tuesday nights I think), high-end restaurants (N9NE, Craft, etc.), bars (Ghostbar on the top floor of the W Hotel with a great view), The House of Blues, shops, and the American Airlines Center. Much of Victory is high-end but wandering around it is free.

2) If you have any time before 5 pm, the Sixth Floor Museum/Dealey Plaza site is uniquely Dallas.

3) Nasher Sculpture Garden/Dallas Museum of Art/Crow Museum of Asian Art -- They're right next to each other. The Nasher and DMA sometimes have late-night events.

4) Take the free McKinney Avenue Trolley from downtown through Uptown to West Village for eating/shopping

5) Run/bike either the Katy Trail or around White Rock Lake

6) Take in the view from Reunion Tower

7) Clubs/bars on Lower Greenville

Old 07-16-2007, 03:52 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
See my suggestions here: //www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...e-singles.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas