Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:42 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I don't know how you can have level billing if you have no prior history--isn't the company supposed to use past billing history to anticipate/avg the costs over 12 mo?
I have bought properties and been offered estimated leveled monthly billing based on prior services to the properties. But I don't ever do it b/c my tenure as a utility payer is short term until I lease the property out. But, can't remember if it was electric or gas or both.......of course, at the end of the year, there could be a big bill to make up for the "estimate."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 01:36 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Mission Power. 7.4 cents. No complaints so far, but if your payment is not there on time, they start calling.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:50 AM

52 posts, read 114,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
article in FTW paper today about the utility/electric rates in TX
basically saying that the utility commission and the power grid board are not taking the needs of the consumer as the primary concern--
that our normal/avg rates since deregulation started have been higher than they needed to be and were in other areas of the US
despite the fact that most current rates might have been lower
Gee, that's shocking!

It seems most people are doing 12 month plans vs. the lower cost 4 and monthly ones, why? Are these just teaser rates I'm seeing?

How does it even work for comparison shopping- I gather my bill is the sum of my "energy charge" and "delivery charge" per kWh used, then both the base and transfer monthly fees. Any other fees I should be mindful of when comparing plans? Does transfer fee vary much month-to-month?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:10 PM

113 posts, read 257,655 times
Hi guys!

So upon the excellent advice of this forum, I'm using Electricitybid.com to find the provider. These were my top search results for fixed plans in my zip code (75013):

Gexa

Gexa 6 Month Contract: $.091 per kWh at 2,000 kWh

Gexa 12 Month Contract: $0.086

Gexa 24 Month Contract: $0.092

Gexa 36 Month Contract: $0.094

Tri Eagle

Eagle 12 Month Contract: $0.086

Eagle 18 Month Contract: $0.093

Eagle 24 Month Contract: $0.094

Which one of these plans would you pick?

I did a quick search and most people on this forum say Gexa is a pretty solid choice. I didn't see any postings about Eagle.

Should I lock in with a longer contract? Is 8-9 cents a good price to lock down for 3 years? I'm guessing electricity rates will always go up in the long term, but I'm new here so I have no idea what's going on.

Am I missing any special coupon codes that can make the price even cheaper?

If i select the green energy choices (which are about 1-2 cents more expensive), am I eligible for tax breaks?

Thanks for your advice!

P.S. For the Tri-Eagle plans, I was asked which "Poles & Wires" Company I want to use, Oncor (TXU) or TNMP. The prices for both are almost identical (there's like $0.001 difference in price. Is one wiring system better than the other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: