Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 PM

4 posts, read 12,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Did you bother to read our replies? It's a very nice, middle to upper-middle class neighborhood in a neighborhood generally regarded as having excellent public schools (courtesy of Richardson ISD's Lake Highlands feeder patterns). Most people have professional jobs- attorneys, business/ finance/ management, IT, etc. It's neither blighted nor dangerous nor blue collar....AT ALL.

If you need public transit or need to walk to work....there isn't much within an easy commute. Presbyterian and Medical City hospitals are about 1-2 miles west. NorthPark mall has many national retailers and is 3-4 miles south. There are some shops/restaurants in the neighborhood- closest shopping center is at Skillman & Walnut Hill, about a mile southeast.
Yes, I did read everyone's replies, very closely in fact. As I mentioned in my initial post, I'm getting lots of conflicting information on the area, and wanted to hear the real story from people who's primary agenda isn't scoring a commission. And yes, I am a multifamily investor.

Thanks for all the great info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 10:09 PM

264 posts, read 625,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MClarke View Post
Yes, I did read everyone's replies, very closely in fact. As I mentioned in my initial post, I'm getting lots of conflicting information on the area, and wanted to hear the real story from people who's primary agenda isn't scoring a commission. And yes, I am a multifamily investor.

Thanks for all the great info!
You should look into a subscription to Costar. It has all the unbiased market info you could ever want to make an informed decision on commercial re.

As for the multi-family in that area....high concentrations of low-income residents, high crime. Most properties were constructed in the late 1970s to early 1980s, and a lot of them are showing extensive signs of deferred maintenance.

What complex are you looking at? Wyndham on the Creek, Foxhollow, Woodside?

Old 02-08-2011, 06:31 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,597,112 times
Completely concur with lakehighlands comments - the multifamily in that area is definitely showing signs of extreme deferred maintenance. I'm guessing 10 years or so of life left unless major renovations are completed. The complexes in the area were built on-the-cheap, so it's not what I would consider a good long-term investment.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Tta

64 posts, read 223,211 times
Yup, the multifamily in LH is pretty nasty. But there are some multifamily investors making a difference. Read here:
Apartment Turnover | Advocate Magazine

MClarke, maybe you're willing to do something similar in the area?

Old 02-12-2011, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,069 times
Default Royal and Abrams

I am looking at a condo to BUY at TRINITY ROYAL right in that area

Is this a good place to invest ? it seems like an incredible deal - 2 bed 2 bath over 1000 square feet all for under 55K

what is your input on this ??

I am a single white male 46 no kids -

Old 02-12-2011, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,069 times
Default Trinity royal condos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MClarke View Post
Looking for some information regarding the area around Royal Lane and Abrams Road in Dallas, 95243. Specifically interested in crime, housing and employment issues. Getting conflicting information from lots of different people, and I'm not sure how accurate the various crime mapping websites are. Thanks in advance!
I am looking to buy a condo at Trinity royal - is this a good move ? single white male 46 no kids --

it seems too good to be true - 2 /2 over 1000 sq ft under 55k ---

ive been looking in uptown and oaklawn - not impressed with area- seems like a lot of "sketchy" complexes there

id appreciate ANY input
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas