Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 PM

13 posts, read 47,470 times

Advertisements

I have another question about Castle Hills.

One of the things we are trying to understand is why there may be no de-evaluation of the houses in Castle Hills from pre housing fall in 2008 to now. Everywhere we looked, comparing to the 2008 prices, the prices now are lower. But not in CH. What makes me nervous is that I don't see a reason for the housing in CH NOT to go down. It's not land-locked. The schools are decent but far not Coppell/Southlake good. Is CH a mini housing bubble where the prices are still rising/not falling but for how long? are we looking at a drop in the near future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
You get a lot of value for your money in CH. I would speculate there has been some lower values in the higher priced homes.

It's all about demand which has been decent in the area. I don't see any lowering of values in the future. Our spring selling season is starting and since Jan1 there has been good activity. Unless something major hits, I'd gamble DFW has seen the bottom. There are a lot of people moving here needing houses.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
The bang for the buck in CH is amazing. I'm sure there is some drop in CH, but I wouldn't expect much at all. Prices may not appreciate rapidly, but the CH as a whole has sustained home values rather well. Living in CH is a lifestyle, and a lot of people want to live there, hence the support for the values.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:43 PM

12 posts, read 38,273 times
As a whole, I think housing has maintained its value in the Lewisville Independent School District area. A banker recently confirmed this. He did not have a single foreclosed home to sell.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:55 AM

473 posts, read 1,199,974 times
LISD is huge and under rated due to the number of schools from different 13 Towns. As a result its overall average performance appears lower than small school district like Southlake, Coppell or HP but many of the schools in LISD are comparable or better than them.Towns like Flower Mound or many of the 13 Towns can create their own independent school district but prefer to be associated to LISD due to the high Admin costs.
Folks looking for houses in LISD communities should evaluate individual school performance in the Town under LISD instead of looking at the overall LISD performance. Overall LISD is an excellent school district and given its size its performance and management is really good.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:10 AM

4 posts, read 12,188 times
What data are you basing your lack of devaluation on? I look through there on Trulia frequently and there are plenty foreclosures. The asking price on listings hasn't been adjusted downward much, but those houses are sitting for 180+ days many times, so depending on how motivate the seller is, they probably realize no one is going to offer near asking.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:10 PM

695 posts, read 1,447,703 times
We moved to CH in December and I have been following the market here for a good six months.

I think prices have fallen from the peak in 2006. The same is true of a lot of places around here. On the whole, CH remains a desirable place to live and there aren't any comparable neighborhoods nearby. The houses still seem to command a premium compared to developments south and and west of CH.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:01 AM

5 posts, read 10,903 times
Prices have dropped in CH...we are buying a home for about 30% less that what it was valued at in 2008. Lots of foreclosures as well. The new home builders are even offering all kinds of incentives since their sales are down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas