Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 10:51 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times

Advertisements

Heading to a game on May14th..I think the seats are good (section 19) considering I paid a small fortune for them. Anyone have any advice for an out of towner headed to a game? Where to eat, what to eat, where to park etc.

Excited to see another stadium, since I have only seen Fenway! The ballpark looks really nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 06:02 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
there is company that has rental parking spaces that we used last year--usually when we get tickets through my husband's work they have reserved parking pass too but last year someone gave him 4 seats w/o parking pass--we did not want to park in general admission--too far away
the place we paid to park at was really cheaper last year that general parking through the Rangers and closer--and when you buy a spot it is reserved--they don't oversell

Rangers Ballpark Parking - Texas Rangers Parking | Reserved Parking - ParkWhiz

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/tex/bal...?content=guide

I like the Lemon Chills--frozen lemonade--but last time I got one there was lot of air in the cup and it did not taste very lemony--
we usually eat hot dogs when we go but there is Pappadeaux's cajun fare restaurant close by that gets lot of people before the game
there is great Italian restaurant on Collins in the Central Market strip center fronting on I30 called Piccolo Mondo--starched-white tablecloth- nice--and that may be too formal

Old 05-02-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
there is company that has rental parking spaces that we used last year--usually when we get tickets through my husband's work they have reserved parking pass too but last year someone gave him 4 seats w/o parking pass--we did not want to park in general admission--too far away
the place we paid to park at was really cheaper last year that general parking through the Rangers and closer--and when you buy a spot it is reserved--they don't oversell

Rangers Ballpark Parking - Texas Rangers Parking | Reserved Parking - ParkWhiz
thanks L2R! You saved me a few bucks here!

Last edited by skids929; 05-02-2011 at 06:25 PM..

Old 05-02-2011, 06:22 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,226,086 times
I love the bacon wrapped hot dogs with grilled onions! I've only been to 2 Ranger games and the first one was in a Suite so all the food was already in there.

Also, there is a local brewery called Rahr & Sons from Ft. Worth who have a beer called Texas Red and it is only available at Ranger games. Other than that, the nachos look pretty good and there are more varieties of food and drink than I have ever seen at a ball park.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I love the bacon wrapped hot dogs with grilled onions!
Yum! The only thing better than that would be a deep fried bacon wrapped hot dog!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:33 PM

136 posts, read 336,961 times
Also, they are a food friendly ballpark. You may bring whatever you like in the gates food wise. I once saw some guy toting about 5 large pizzas to a game once. You may also bring bottled water as well.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:45 PM

574 posts, read 1,478,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
since I have only seen Fenway!
I have a special place in my heart for Fenway Park. After going there regularly while in college (at a time when I didn't really appreciate baseball parks), we got to do the Fenway Park tour two summers ago...what an experience!

Turner Field in ATL where I am right now is a beautiful new-ish park...but Fenway Park has so much character I prefer it!

Looking forward to adding the Rangers stadium this summer to the list of parks we've visited. Let us know how the experience turns out.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2emily View Post
I have a special place in my heart for Fenway Park. After going there regularly while in college (at a time when I didn't really appreciate baseball parks), we got to do the Fenway Park tour two summers ago...what an experience!

Turner Field in ATL where I am right now is a beautiful new-ish park...but Fenway Park has so much character I prefer it!

Looking forward to adding the Rangers stadium this summer to the list of parks we've visited. Let us know how the experience turns out.
Yes Fenway is a very special Park, very intimate. It's a great place to see a ballgame without a doubt and I am soooooooo happy they didn't tear it down. Texas looks fantastic though, I think it should be a hit with my Fenway loving family.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:49 PM

133 posts, read 514,454 times
I've been to Fenway a few times. My sister used to live in a high rise three blocks from there... nice place and great stadium! That said, I'll try to provide you with a direct comparison. I'm a season ticket holder for the Rangers and my brother-in-law is a season ticket holder for the Red Sox, both of us have seats behind home plate.

There are no restaurants nor bars within walking distance of the Rangers' ballpark. I suggest going to to one of two places:

Sherlock's Pub, 254 Lincoln Square, Arlington, TX 76011-4892, prior to the game. From there, you can take their bus to the game and then back to the ballpark or decide to drive to the game to your parking spot.

Humperdink's, 700 Six Flags Drive, Arlington, TX (817) 640-8553, also offers a bus service to the game although you have to pay a fee per person (I think it's $5).

The food at these spots is "OK." If you want nice food prior to the game, go up to the Diamond Club in left field. They are open two hours before the game. Also, your tickets allow you into the Cuervo Club behind home plate. That club serves alcohol from the time the gates open until 1 hour past last pitch (or until they want to close)... a little different, I know. You can actually watch the game from there if you would like to although the sight lines are poor in that club area. Most of the people are just there to have drinks.

There are almost zero poor seats in the Ballpark in Arlington, save for ~1,000 on the lower level where the sightlines are blocked by the upper level and then a few upper deck seats that have obstructed views. You will surely have a great time there, enjoy it! I will also be there on the 14th. There is a pre-game concert on the North lawn, by the first base line outside of the stadium. Get there early - those are always a fun time. Free entry with your ticket.

Last edited by chicago_transplant; 05-04-2011 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 05-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago_transplant View Post
I've been to Fenway a few times. My sister used to live in a high rise three blocks from there... nice place and great stadium! That said, I'll try to provide you with a direct comparison. I'm a season ticket holder for the Rangers and my brother-in-law is a season ticket holder for the Red Sox, both of us have seats behind home plate.

There are no restaurants nor bars within walking distance of the Rangers' ballpark. I suggest going to to one of two places:

Sherlock's Pub, 254 Lincoln Square, Arlington, TX 76011-4892, prior to the game. From there, you can take their bus to the game and then back to the ballpark or decide to drive to the game to your parking spot.

Humperdink's, 700 Six Flags Drive, Arlington, TX (817) 640-8553, also offers a bus service to the game although you have to pay a fee per person (I think it's $5).

The food at these spots is "OK." If you want nice food prior to the game, go up to the Diamond Club in left field. They are open two hours before the game. Also, your tickets allow you into the Cuervo Club behind home plate. That club serves alcohol from the time the gates open until 1 hour past last pitch (or until they want to close)... a little different, I know. You can actually watch the game from there if you would like to although the sight lines are poor in that club area. Most of the people are just there to have drinks.

There are almost zero poor seats in the Ballpark in Arlington, save for ~1,000 on the lower level where the sightlines are blocked by the upper level and then a few upper deck seats that have obstructed views. You will surely have a great time there, enjoy it! I will also be there on the 14th. There is a pre-game concert on the North lawn, by the first base line outside of the stadium. Get there early - those are always a fun time. Free entry with your ticket.
Great! Thanks! I will make sure and pass this along to my family. Sounds like a fun place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas