Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:08 AM

29 posts, read 173,865 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have recently decided to make the move to Texas. We have a friend who lives in Flower Mound but we have not been out to visit ourselves. We are looking for an unbiased opinion. Actually, we have spent the last 3 hours reading the response to other people’s questions, we are so impressed by the friendliness and great info you have offered other people that we would like to benefit from your knowledge and expertise and ask a few questions.
First a little background. We have 4 children 2 boys 2 girls (that my wife stays home with) ages between 3-13yrs. A recent development in our family has been my wife’s return to school. She has just earned her B.A. and needs to find a great college to get her Masters in Psychology. Because of this we need to find a home that is close to a college. We have been looking at Flower Mound and the surrounding area. Which city would be the best place to raise a young family? I am also looking for a job out there could you recommend any employment agencies/Head hunters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 07:48 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,459,410 times
Flower Mound is a very nice area. Would your wife apply to Univ. of North Texas or Texas Women's University in Denton for her Masters? That would not be a horrible commute for her.

Some of the other schools in the area are:
Southern Methodist in North Dallas ($$)
Univ. of Texas at Dallas which is in Richardson
Univ. of Texas at Arlington which is in Arlington

What line of work are you looking for?

Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,429,492 times
I would recommend Flower Mound as well.

-Univ. of North Texas or Texas Women's University in Denton
-Great schools
-Excellent resale
-Great community with alot of trees
-Close to the airport
-Most important, you already know people there. Believe me, this will be huge once you come out because you will now immediately be introduced to a network of their friends.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:40 AM

Thanks guys for you post. My wife was looking last night at North Texas and found it more to be a tech school. I think she is a little unsure if that is the right school for her she needs somewhere with a Psychology program. FarNorthDallas I am looking for Facilities Manager or District Manager line of work. Thanks again.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:47 AM

University of North Texas isn't a tech school. It's a full fledged public university with dorms, Greek Life, a football team, research, all kinds of programs, the whole shebang.

University of North Texas

Old 08-02-2007, 10:48 AM

1,101 posts, read 4,328,578 times
I don't know anything about the quality of the Psychology program (UNT Department of Psychology: Graduate Program), but they definitely have a Graduate program.

I wouldn't characterize UNT as a tech school, they have more of a liberal arts bent than many of the schools in the DFW area, including one of the top music programs in the country.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:01 AM

215 posts, read 985,129 times
Dont Forgot To Mention The Real Bad Weather In Texas Heavy Thunder,hail,floods Storm Winds Up To 100mph Yes Schools Great People Great But Weather Is Crazy Stay Inside All Day Long In Your Big Brick House Thats Gets Boring

Old 08-02-2007, 01:05 PM

Wink Main religion?

What is the main religion in Flower Mound? Do they have any good Christian Churches?

Last edited by rcandelaria; 08-02-2007 at 01:23 PM..

Old 08-02-2007, 01:06 PM
smh

53 posts, read 280,691 times
The University of North Texas has excellent, APA-accredited graduate programs, particularly in Clinical and Counseling psychology. Getting accepted into the program is very competitive (or at least it has been in the past) with many more applicants than slots to be filled.

I'm a graduate of the program - PM me if you need any additional information.

And I second the Flower Mound suggestion. Very good area for families and would not be a difficult drive to UNT in Denton. It would also give you a wide range of options for potential job locations.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandelaria View Post
What is the main religion in Flower Mound? Do they have any good Christian Churches?
The main religion of Texas is Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas