Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 10:57 PM

67 posts, read 164,277 times

Advertisements

We're looking to move somewhere with easy access to 121, One of us works in Frisco. The other works in Flower Mound and goes to school in Corinth for now. Colin County is an option, and then UNT. We would like to be closer to Frisco for the long-term plans. We have also considered Savannah along 380, since 720 and the toll bridge to 2499 isn't a terrible drive, it's close to school and Frisco, and it is very affordable. Our budget right now is $150's and under.

I know The Colony has higher crime, so while it might be centrally located, we want to avoid it. I'm afraid of Little Elm because of the flooding a few years ago, and it's very close to The Colony.

Are there areas of Frisco in that price range? We don't want a house that feels like an apartment. Definitely not another Fox & Jacobs. That's what we have now, and we do not like the boxy shape of the rooms and we're not happy with the way some things in this house have aged. We've made upgrades here, so we're not afraid of doing some cosmetic work. We are open to older homes, as long as the neighborhood is good (not near Hickory and Preston for sure). I don't know if there are any other not-so-nice areas of Frisco. It looks like it's mostly upscale.

I love the subdivision just SE of Teel and El Dorado, but haven't seen anything for sale there. Probably out of our price range, too. I'm not sure of the name, but the houses have porches and colorful siding. We don't have anything against brick, but many neighborhoods that have been built in the last decade or 2 have the same color-scheme of brick and stone combos, so they all start to look alike after a while. We would like to be buying for the long term, especially since prices are so low, but will probably stick with a lower price until my husband graduates and save for the house we'll stay in until our kids are grown up. Land isn't an issue- we want a yard, but don't want to maintain anything too big. We like master planned communities for the amenities and neighborhood events that bring people out to get to know one another.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 04:55 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I have heard bad things about The Colony but I wouldn't want to live there because of the traffic bottlenecks.

I have known only one person who lives in Little Elm but he loves it. He doesn't love his commute, but if you're working up in that area yours won't be nearly as bad. Wish I could be more help!

Old 06-11-2011, 02:10 PM

72 posts, read 216,393 times
The Colony has higher crime? Where did you hear that from? Haven't heard any bad things about the city.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:35 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,255,953 times
Frisco has a handful of neighborhoods that are in the 150s or below. However, these homes sell very fast, most of them will need some or a lot of updating (none of them are F&J). None of them are on the west side of the tollway. The neighborhood you refer you at the SW corner of Eldorado and Teel is Griffin Parc and homes there start in the low 300s.

You may want to give a second look at Little Elm, you'll get more for you money there. It has changed tremendously in the last couple of years in a positve way. There is a small portion that is in Frisco ISD but not too many homes below the 150K.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas