Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:14 AM

9 posts, read 29,378 times

Advertisements

Hello! My family is looking to move to Frisco. What neighborhoods would you recommend taking schools into consideration? We have one in elementary, one in middle school, and one in high school. We are looking to spend up to $500,000. Any information on neighborhoods you would recommend and why would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 12:23 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,938 times
almost the same boat. Hunters creek, richwoods (maybe on the smaller homes), lawler park..don't know the entry level pricing, turnbridge manor (sisters of hunters creek). I don't know much about the west side...but I love the access to 121 and easy access into plano for my daily stuff. (like 5 minutes commute). Personally not a fan of willow bay and panthers creek..but that's on preference of getting the same type of home closer to plano. But again, its preference. Three high schools I would look at with feeder lines are
1. Liberty
2. Centennial

and independence when it opens up next year (richwoods and lawler park homes will feed into it).

There is also stonelake estates right across the street from independence and someone was looking at it for 430s. There is one in hunters creek for 485 with a pool....great community, great access to freeways too.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:18 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,929 times
or .... you can save yourself the trouble of driving to Plano all the time by finding a home in Plano itself. Schools are better as well.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:33 PM

51 posts, read 95,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer/hockey mom View Post
Hello! My family is looking to move to Frisco. What neighborhoods would you recommend taking schools into consideration? We have one in elementary, one in middle school, and one in high school. We are looking to spend up to $500,000. Any information on neighborhoods you would recommend and why would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Your situation mirrors my brother and sister-in-law, who live in the area off El Dorado Pkwy east of Preston Rd. Their experience with the area and schools has been very positive.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:42 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,938 times
There is also latera off Eldorado...honestly, Eldorado will take you from end to the other and is very convenient. Heard great things about Phillips creek ranch as well. Its supppperrr spread out, the trails are really nice.

I saw a shaddock home when we were looking to rent (Im sure it was around 500k if they were selling because the rent was 3000)....and it was right near a target (awesome convenience).

There are other areas that may feed into frisco schools as well (north plano) and parts of McKinney. You have plenty to choose from, just depends on your commute to your office, whether you want a big development or smaller, will you use all the amenities if they are there...do you want a couple of years older with all the upgrades in it..your do you want to build. Do you want a bigger school or smaller. You really cannot go wrong in any of the Collin county towns--we have been pleased and could have been equally happy in any of the north Collin county suburbs --our main requirement was to stay right along the 121 with access to the dnt and 75. And the towns overlap as well..so you can be in three towns in one day! You just have to find your vibe. Good luck!

Old 11-06-2013, 02:45 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripeWater View Post
or .... you can save yourself the trouble of driving to Plano all the time by finding a home in Plano itself. Schools are better as well.
Agreed. If I'm spending 500 I'm going Plano, but if frisco it must be the I agree with mom2gurls.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 PM

718 posts, read 1,389,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripeWater View Post
Seriously ....you are not helpful but downright rude , not everybody wants to move in Plano......and I really like and live in Plano myself

Old 11-06-2013, 08:55 PM

26 posts, read 40,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleiado View Post
Seriously ....you are not helpful but downright rude , not everybody wants to move in Plano......and I really like and live in Plano myself
Its a good idea to explore Plano first if budget is $500,000, work is in Dallas or beyond and children are in higher grades. It's also true that not everybody wants to move to Plano. My sister was obsessed with new built and after two year's search, all new construction she could find in Plano near 121 was under FISD so ultimately she decided to buy in Lucas. House is new, lot is huge, schools are better then FISD and their business is in Mckinney so turned out to be a good solution for her. It would've been stupid to buy an expensive house in Plano but send kids to Frisco schools and drive to Mckinney for work.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:15 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceraceae View Post
Agreed. If I'm spending 500 I'm going Plano, but if frisco it must be the I agree with mom2gurls.
Ewww at the quoted post.

Plano should not be excluded with a budget of 500k. If we had children then we would explore all our options in Plano first. I do not know much about western parts of Frisco, but I agree with mom2gurls post about the eastern portion.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:23 PM

953 posts, read 1,831,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy3D View Post
Its a good idea to explore Plano first if budget is $500,000, work is in Dallas or beyond and children are in higher grades. It's also true that not everybody wants to move to Plano. My sister was obsessed with new built and after two year's search, all new construction she could find in Plano near 121 was under FISD so ultimately she decided to buy in Lucas. House is new, lot is huge, schools are better then FISD and their business is in Mckinney so turned out to be a good solution for her. It would've been stupid to buy an expensive house in Plano but send kids to Frisco schools and drive to Mckinney for work.
Good for your sister but if I were you, I will refrain from you using words like "stupid" but then again you may not have much filter between your head and fingers. For example, I and many others only considered 4 areas - Allen, McKinney, Frisco and Plano. Lucas was not even on my list because of access.
As far as school is considered, somebody must have paid you to say Lucas is better than FISD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas