Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2019, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,844 times

Advertisements

For those that live in the Prosper/McKinney area, what are the average monthly bills for gas, electric, water, garbage? Is there a balanced billing option to balance summer/winter months for electric or are summer months much higher? My family is thinking of re-locating from Colorado and I am trying to get a better idea of actual cost of living per month. Thank you for the insight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 05:52 AM

230 posts, read 230,154 times
Gas runs as high as $140 in winter, as a low as $17-22 in summer. W/S/G is $92 a month for the 6 months a year I do not water the yard. Goes up to $118-130/mo depending on water. Electric is opposite of gas, around $40 in winter and $160-190 in the summer. Last summer there was a stretch of days over 100 degrees, I really noticed that on my bill. Welcome to the area!

Old 05-20-2019, 06:10 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarlowMo4 View Post
For those that live in the Prosper/McKinney area, what are the average monthly bills for gas, electric, water, garbage? Is there a balanced billing option to balance summer/winter months for electric or are summer months much higher? My family is thinking of re-locating from Colorado and I am trying to get a better idea of actual cost of living per month. Thank you for the insight!

The location doesn't matter, it's the size of the house that does for gas and electric.

Our water/trash bill from Prosper is around $100-120 a month. For electric in the summer, our old house that was 3600+ sq ft our max bill ever in July/August was $220 IIRC. But that house had radiant sheathing installed in the attic, and all lights were upgraded to LED. Our current house at 5500+ sqft has run a bit over $500 in the summer.

The winter was cheaper for both with gas, but it also depends on what you're doing... If we run our gas fireplace for several hours for a few days, the bill shoots up quick, same if we decide to heat up the pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: