Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 05:46 PM

6 posts, read 19,966 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone!

Single early 30s female moving to Dallas in about 60 days. Working near DFW airport. I have never been to Dallas... no knowledge... starting from scratch here, all help is appreciated! Comments on commute times is also helpful from the various neighborhoods suggested... I know, I'm asking for a lot here

Currently live in Miami, previously lived in DC for many years (Old Town, Clarendon). Looking for an apartment/condo in a buyers community rather than rent an apartment (but not a deal breaker). I like to host/entertain and enjoy access to local bars/restaurants/coffee shops where there are people my own age vs. college students. Preferably 2BR modern, contemporary, granite, hardwood, safe, nice pool, ~$2000/mo. Exercise is important so access to Katy Trail would be ideal.

Any suggestions where to live? I am flying into Dallas in a few weeks and will be there for 2 weeks to find a place. Clearly in need of a realtor to assist. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciate, PM me with contact info.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/comments...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 06:38 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,173,374 times
What about the Knox-Henderson neighborhood just north of Uptown and near the Katy Trail? That area doesn't skew quite as young as Uptown proper but you're close to it and you're within walking distance of lots of restaurants, Starbucks, Crate and Barrel, and what will soon be a totally revamped and larger Apple Store. Go east, cross the Central Expressway, Knox becomes Henderson and there are ton of bars/restaurants. Here's one of the apartment complexes near Knox.

http://www.amli.com/apartments/dallas/knox-henderson/

Old 07-01-2011, 07:34 PM

6 posts, read 19,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
What about the Knox-Henderson neighborhood just north of Uptown and near the Katy Trail? That area doesn't skew quite as young as Uptown proper but you're close to it and you're within walking distance of lots of restaurants, Starbucks, Crate and Barrel, and what will soon be a totally revamped and larger Apple Store. Go east, cross the Central Expressway, Knox becomes Henderson and there are ton of bars/restaurants. Here's one of the apartment complexes near Knox.

http://www.amli.com/apartments/dallas/knox-henderson/
Hey TrueDat! Thanks for the heads up on the Amli... checked it out and it is def my style. Doesn't look like they have much availability for my timeframe but that might change. LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Apple... hahahaha.

What is the commute like in the morning going from Knox towards the airport? Not familiar with the commuting distance/time/traffic pattern.

Thanks again for your response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas