Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 AM

621 posts, read 1,333,550 times

Advertisements

I have been in DFW for around 17 years and there used to be a good one on Garland rd near Peavy rd and it's gone...

are there any real Italian Bakeries in DFW????

I miss that smell in the morning and real cakes, not something from Kroger or Albertsons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 08:06 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Can't think of any Italian bakeries off the top of my head, but there are plenty of real local bakeries making fresh goodies daily:
-Stein's at LBJ & Preston
-A&J's on Oak Lawn
-Aston's on Lovers Lane
-Casa Linda Bakery in East Dallas
Those are all the more old fashioned traditional bakeries. There are also quite a few modern ones like Creme de la Cookie in Snider Plaza and Tart on West Lovers.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:10 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,636,480 times
Not sure about Italian bakeries, but we go to Casa Linda Bakery. It is on Garland near Peavy. Maybe that is the one you are thinking of and they just moved?

Old 07-13-2011, 09:32 AM

621 posts, read 1,333,550 times
Casa Linda is the one I mentioned. I was told it closed? It was decent

Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,559,658 times
Jimmy's Food Store has a lot of good Italian treats and sandwiches, but it isn't a bakery per se.

We love Society Bakery on Lower Greenville...best cupcakes ever.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,597,112 times
Too many of the "bakeries" focus on just cookies, cupcakes and cakes. They don't do pastries and breads. The best one I've found is Empire Bakery at Inwood Village. Excellent breads, but you want to get there early before they sell out.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,483,372 times
Empire is the best bakery. It's one of the only ones that use real whole ingredients - like butter instead of nasty fats.
Trail Mix cookie is wonderful. The rugalah is amazing. The Pane Paisano makes the most wonderful garlic bread. My kids devour the baguettes.
They are at the White Rock Local Market every time - although the selection at the market is limited...it's enough to fulfill my craving...

BTW - Casa Linda bakery is still there on Garland Rd between Easton and Jupiter. Maybe you overlooked them. They close at 6pm.

Also...Zen Bakery in Deep Ellum has some really good items. Their stuffed brioche is fabulous!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:42 AM

51 posts, read 105,122 times
I have lived in the Dallas northern suburbs for the past 25 yrs and have often wondered why there are so few real bakeries here. I tried Celebrity Bakery in NW Plano for a birthday cake once and was sorely disappointed. I think I paid close to $50 for a 2-layer round cake - it weighed about 10 lbs and the texture was tough and coarse. I could have made a $.99 mix cake and it probably would've been better. Then I tried a bakery in a strip center near Parker Rd. and Custer (can't recall the name) that was equally expensive and disappointing. And the grocery store cakes are so artificial tasting with all the whipped grease they use. The best cakes I have had since moving here are the ones I've made myself at home. But would love to find a good quality bakery in the area. If you know of any old fashioned traditional bakeries in the McKinney/Allen area please let me know!!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:16 AM

1,101 posts, read 4,329,962 times
If you're ever in Carrollton, try the International Bakery Cuban Bakery DFW at GBT and Josey. Not really a cake bakery, but they have great Cuban bread, sandwiches, pastries, and cupcakes. Definitely a real butter bakery.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:20 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphOfTheSprint View Post
If you're ever in Carrollton, try the International Bakery Cuban Bakery DFW at GBT and Josey. Not really a cake bakery, but they have great Cuban bread, sandwiches, pastries, and cupcakes. Definitely a real butter bakery.
I went to school w/ them. Do they still make the rum cake their mother made? It was HEAVEN!!!!! She made one of the cakes for our wedding and it was DIVINE! I'd love a bite of the rum cake if it's still made like that. YUM!

Over in Murphy there is Annie's. DIVINE!!! And her chocolate chip cookies are YUM! Her cakes are a true work of art and taste so fresh and the flavors are great.

There is also Chocolate Angel in Richardson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas