Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:55 AM

871 posts, read 2,693,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
There's a print ad running on the back on some gossip rags for a new Dallas based reality show that will be on Bravo. I think it had something to do with appearance, I didn't pay it much mind, as it will most likely be terrible.
Yeah it's "Most Eligible Dallas," or something, a show about some single people in Dallas who think they are hot sh**. If you've ever watched Bravo, you know Andy Cohen, the guy who hosts the reunion shows and such. He's actually a bigwig at Bravo and the guy who turned Bravo from a respectable network into Realitv TV trash.

I mention him because these shows to me seem like Cohen is testing the waters re: Dallas shows before going full steam with a launch of a "Real Housewives of Dallas" series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 01:36 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,341,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
Yeah it's "Most Eligible Dallas," or something, a show about some single people in Dallas who think they are hot sh**. If you've ever watched Bravo, you know Andy Cohen, the guy who hosts the reunion shows and such. He's actually a bigwig at Bravo and the guy who turned Bravo from a respectable network into Realitv TV trash.

I mention him because these shows to me seem like Cohen is testing the waters re: Dallas shows before going full steam with a launch of a "Real Housewives of Dallas" series.
THe difference between Big Rich Texas and Bravo's Most Eligible Dallas is that Bravo actually managed to sign-up some legitimate Dallas "socialiates":

Drew Ginsburg is from a major A-list Dallas family. His father owns Boardwalk Auto. If your dad just sold his old Preston Hollow home for $10M and bought an 18,000sf home on HP's Beverly Drive for $11M AND THEN bought the house next door and tore it down to make room for "grounds", you're legitimately BIG RICH TEXAS. Dad Scott ranks #37 on Dallas' Most Powerful Residents list (based on wealth, business success, charitable & politcial involevement/donations, influence, real estate & oil/gas holdings, etc) , ahead of Dirk Nowitzki, Ron Kirk, Carl Sewell, Allie Beth Allman and a whole lot of other "bigger" names.....I must have missed Pam & Ignacio Duarte on the list becasue they weren't there
Who’s Having a $31 Million Dollar Week? | DallasDirt

Tara Harper runs Paws in the City and seems to be in Paper City and other gossip columns/ photos every month. She throws huge fundraisers that are well attended by the 20 & 30-something A-listers. She lives in Preston Hollow.

Courtney Kerr is always in the society photos, too. They "imported" some of the other cast members to Dallas to make good tv, but it's the most legitimate "society" cast to represent Dallas thusfar.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:47 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,201,386 times
I am still laughing about a blog post I saw somewhere about this Matt guy on there, an ex-football player - it was something like, "Matt went through more 'P' in a month than the entire football team put together".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas