Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 03:22 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
See you didn't read the thread! I was the FIRST person in the thread who said calling the Police was a bad idea..But why am I explaining myself to you, you're clearly living on another planet, "keying" peoples cars and despising others with wildly off-base assumptions..Sad, very sad.

You just sound like you bit into a lemon, maybe it's because you live in Mesquite.
Tsk, tsk. Moderator cut: See Comment That just isn't very nice. I don't key cars and I only despise hateful people. Ya know, like yourself. Bless your heart.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-02-2011 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Personal attacks are not permitted per ToS. We may attack ideas but we do not attack the speaker of the ideas.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Tsk, tsk. Moderator cut: See Comment That just isn't very nice. I don't key cars and I only despise hateful people. Ya know, like yourself. Bless your heart.

Duck quack sound effect - YouTube

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-02-2011 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Updated quoted post

Old 11-02-2011, 06:51 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Catching pot smokers is just not one of the main things police do in Dallas. I went to a concert at the AAC a few months ago, and there was weed everywhere. Not one arrest was made. In fact, cops were laughing and discussing the amount of weed they smelled. It's just really not a big deal anymore as more and more Americans are done giving any ****s about it. I'm sure the smaller suburban cops may respond to more calls though, but even then, probably iffy....
Off duty cops are the coolest. I'm sure had they been on actual duty some arrests would have been made. This is their side job working security & the fact is most just don't give a **** unless someone is getting murdered or a huge brawl breaks out.

When Devin The Dude came to Tyler to do a concert my cousin smoked a joint with him right in front of Tyler PD & they didn't say ****.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:12 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,852 times
LOL @ this entire thread. I find it quite amusing that some on here are putting weedheads in the same boat as "druggies". Weed deals do not result in bullets flying.

However, with respect to the question the OP asked, the best thing to do would be utilize some judgment. If they look like just a couple of tokers, go talk to them. If they look like they do all sorts of shady stuff and weed is just the only obvious evidence, then perhaps the property management should be brought into it because while not all weedheads are hardcore drug users, most if not all hardcore drug users have or do smoke weed. If they're into some deeper stuff then the level of concern should grow exponentially.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
LOL @ this entire thread. I find it quite amusing that some on here are putting weedheads in the same boat as "druggies". Weed deals do not result in bullets flying.

However, with respect to the question the OP asked, the best thing to do would be utilize some judgment. If they look like just a couple of tokers, go talk to them. If they look like they do all sorts of shady stuff and weed is just the only obvious evidence, then perhaps the property management should be brought into it because while not all weedheads are hardcore drug users, most if not all hardcore drug users have or do smoke weed. If they're into some deeper stuff then the level of concern should grow exponentially.
Is this scientific?

Of course there are drug deals gone bad where people get shot up over a little dope. Happens all the time.

Again, dealing weed or any drugs with kids around just ain't cool in my book.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Is this scientific?

Of course there are drug deals gone bad where people get shot up over a little dope. Happens all the time.

Again, dealing weed or any drugs with kids around just ain't cool in my book.
Is that scientific, the part about people getting shot up over weed? Were you there?

Must be some violent weedheads where your from. But I agree, it's best to keep kids away from all of that.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,435,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
Is that scientific, the part about people getting shot up over weed?
Do you mean can it be proven. Yes. Here is one of many news stories from this event earlier this year.
Drug deal may have led to double shooting deaths at Mockingbird Lane | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Now would there be a culture of crime around marijuana if it were legal? That might be a subject for debate, but to allege that marijuana drug deals can't go bad and en in gunfire is pretty naive.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
Do you mean can it be proven. Yes. Here is one of many news stories from this event earlier this year.
Drug deal may have led to double shooting deaths at Mockingbird Lane | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Now would there be a culture of crime around marijuana if it were legal? That might be a subject for debate, but to allege that marijuana drug deals can't go bad and en in gunfire is pretty naive.
Yeah because usually, not always, pot dealers sell other drugs as well...coke, crack, meth, ecstasy, heroin, pcp, pills, etc. etc.

The ones selling strictly weed are the ones growing it themselves.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM

14 posts, read 33,879 times
Hmmmm ok Thanks for the advice everyone, but my original question was is there anyway I can get out of my lease, I dont care that they smoke but when its coming into my apartment and my kids can smell it than it becomes a bit of a problem, Im sorry to offend those who smoke pot, but its not something I chose to do with my life or with my childrens life, and for the lady with the children screaming all night bullsh*t, children are not illegal smoking pot is and move out just like I am asking on the forum if there was anything I could do to get out of my lease! If theres nothing I can do then dont answer the question. I figured some people would know renters rights or anything else but somewhere a long the line all that got lost and instead it turned into wheather smoking this ILLEGAL drug is ok or not. To me its not ok so thats why I posted the question.

But thank you to those whos answers were helpful!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:52 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,435,073 times
Based on a friends experience- albeit someplace else- I should continue to call the cops anytime you see a deal. An accumulation of complaints will be taken more seriously than one. Most importantly get complaint numbers for each one from the department. Take ALL those complaint numbers into the leasing office, and ask for your lease to be terminated due to illegal activities in the apartment below. It worked for my friend. Not because the complex was staffed by lovely law abiding people, but because they knew enough complaints, and they would end up having trouble with the cops themselves, and didn't want the headache. Might be your best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas