Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 09:39 AM

4 posts, read 16,136 times

Advertisements

hi friends ,

I am a desi with 2 kids of ages 31/2 & 1 year old girls.my hubby is going to join for Hitachi head Quateres by this month end which is located in Corporate Headquarters
14643 Dallas Parkway
Suite 800
Dallas, TX 75254

I need a help for my stay , school for my daughter.
what is the best place to stay(which part of dallas) it should be calm peaceful environment at the same time with lot of activities around.

could some one guide me for best apartments(2 Bed ,budget $900) or duplex for rent in near areas of my hubby working place.Not too much crowdy of our desis around.

about pre-school for my daughter I prefer to send her Villa montessary.could u guide me are there any best schools around than Villa,pls suggest me the procedure& formalities.

thx in advace for sparing time for me .
Laxmi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 09:58 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,805,365 times
FYI, folks, this would be Hitachi Consulting at that Dallas North Tollway location between Spring Valley and Beltline.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Default no reply yet.pls help me

hello friends

we have move from chicago to dallas by end of this month.

I am eagerly waiting for the reply which I didnt get it as of now.some one pls help in looking for Apartments & schools near to the my hubby working place.pls suggest me good places to stay even it is far 10 to 20 min for work place.

thx in advance.
Laxmi.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:54 PM

213 posts, read 865,840 times
Based on the address that you provided, I would guess it would make sense for you to stay in Addison or Richardson. I am not too familiar with that area, even though I do have a lot of friends living there.

I live in Irving which is a 12 mile drive to your husbands office. But Irving has a sizable Indian population and from your opening post, it seems like you are not too thrilled about living in places with high "desi" concentration. However, you can find good apartments in your budget, restaurants of all kind including Indian close by and every other amenity.

I don't have any kids so I cannot advise you about the schools.

Also, seeing that he is going to work at Hitachi Consulting, are you sure that he will be working at the provided office location? I have many friends who work for Hitachi Consulting and they seem to spread all across DFW, working at the client locations.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:58 PM

Thumbs up thx for the reply

hi

I am happy to see at least one reply to my thread.thx for sparing time.I am sure he will be working for the head quarters where I have mentioned the address.

I am excited about the desi community there but same time I like to prefer good & peaceful community around .

Is 12 min drive is okay to commute every day? do u recommend if u stay in Irving? and what abt richardson how abt the desi community there & how far it will be to comute for my hubby ? any good schools ? will it suit for indian family there to stay? which part of TX has reasonable cost of living I mean richardon,plano,irving,addison ?

how abt plano is it far from his work place ?

I hope I am not making u write so much on this topic.

thq...............
laxmi.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 AM

213 posts, read 865,840 times
It is a 12 mile drive, not 12 mins. Would probably take a good 30-45 mins during the rush-hour.

Would I do it? I guess I would considering I have friends who commute 40-50 miles each way on a daily basis.

I am sorry I do not know much about Richardson. Looking at the map, it looks like Addison is very close to his office.

The Indian community is pretty wide-spread all across DFW. You are bound to have quite a lot of people from the Indian sub-continent wherever you choose to live in DFW. Indian stores and restaurants are in abundance here and spread all across the map. I still keep running into a new one every now and then.

I am sorry, I have no children so I cannot be of much help as far as schools are concerned. I am sure the other members here would be able to guide you on that.

Plano would be too far. I have friends who do commute from there but I personally would avoid it.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:18 AM

11 posts, read 31,067 times
North Tollway and Haverwood/Frankford area is great. Tons of apartments back there.. but check these two out:

http://www.myhgmc.com/apartments/dal...oorplans/plans

http://www.myhgmc.com/apartments/dal...oorplans/plans

I stayed in both of those complexes, and really liked them both.. The brazos in my opinion is a little nicer.. people are more active and friendly there.. there is variety of culture which I loved. and everything you could ask for is in basically a 5 mile radius.. its about 5 miles from tollway/spring valley. I wish i could move back there but its not in my price range at this time.. good luck!!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:24 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,680 times
Richardson, Addison/Bent Tree, and Plano communities are somewhat high dollar nearby the tollway.
There are older communities of richardson between coit and 75. Probably something around UTD would be nice. You may consider East of 75 Richardson as well.
If you want Indian community, that would be Las Colinas.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:55 PM

Default thq so much all helpful tips my friends

thx for all replies my friends.As per as some info i got plano would be nicer than Richardson in schools,apartments and desi community.could anyone clarify on this point ?

Old 01-18-2012, 09:16 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,680 times
Frisco is to Plano as to what Plano was to Richardson about 10-15 years ago. Just an up and
coming city growing leaps and bounds. Richardson is now more mature and settled down.
I am not sure which has the larger desi community outside of the Las Colinas area in North Irving.

Hopefully the following website that I googled may be helpful:
Richardson Indian Community Site, Desi Community in Richardson Indian Community

Plano Indian Community Site, Desi Community in Plano Indian Community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas