Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 03:04 PM

35 posts, read 147,352 times

Advertisements

I have to return a large LCD TV (46") for warranty work, but I have no clue how to pack this thing. I have a prepaid label for Fedex, but no Fedex Office locations will pack this thing (against their policy). The kit to box up a flat TV from Uhaul is $90!!!!

Does anyone have any better suggestions on how to ship this thing? Or anywhere in Dallas that will pack this thing for a reasonable rate?

Or (and I apologize for begging) does anyone have a box from a 46-50" TV I could have?

Right now my plans are to hack up a lot of smaller boxes and tape them together, but I know the result will be terrible. I'm not worried about it protecting the TV absolutely perfectly because the TV already has a cracked LCD. Covered under warranty because the attached stand was defective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 03:20 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,531,926 times
Have you seen the video's about Fedex delivery drivers and breakable items

I would ask the service department if they have a local service place you could take the TV too - before I would let Fedex touch it.

FedEx Driver Throws Flat Screen TV On Rich Guy's Front Lawn! - YouTube

Old 05-08-2012, 03:30 PM

237 posts, read 499,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw461 View Post
Or (and I apologize for begging) does anyone have a box from a 46-50" TV I could have?
Believe it or not, I have the box to the 46" Samsung I got around New Years and haven't tossed it. I wanted to cut it up so it wouldn't be visible from the street, but it's been in my garage ever since. I think it even has the packing material inside also, but I'm not 100%.

I live in Little Elm near Frisco, if you want the box you are more than welcome to have it. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and I will hold on to it for you!

jon

Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,147 times
You may ask at the local electronic department of the big box store if they have any empty boxes.
They often put up the new displays and throw away the old boxes.
or
You may try a used box store within your part of town.
The last time I had used a reasonably priced re-used box service business the office had moved to King Williams Drive between south of manana/ north of Northwest Hwy/ 35E area.

FYI:
UPS stores and postal stores do box the equipment and mail them.
Once you get the thing boxed up just take it directly to the shippers office location or call the 800 number to have it picked up.

Last edited by RockyJoe817; 05-08-2012 at 04:51 PM..

Old 05-08-2012, 04:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
I used to be in the auto Glass business and shipped windshields. See if you can find an auto glass distributor who you can pay to box the TV.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
I would go to Sams or Cosco and go through their boxes. They have tons...

Old 05-08-2012, 08:08 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,147 times
Sams and Cosco, as well as the large processing warhouses. You need to ask for the boxes
to be saved before they put them in the large crusher and out with the rest of the bails.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:13 AM

718 posts, read 1,389,505 times
I send 3 months ago for repair my blue ray DVD player back to Samsung , luckily I paid UPS for the packing , it arrived damaged . Samsung refuse to even touch citing bad packaging on my part , they in exchanged wanted to send me a refurbished one for more money than a new one in any store . I send them my receipt for the packing proving that I had nothing to do with it ............they had to send a brand new one.
I would pay for the shipping and the insurance that goes with it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: