Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,262,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko44 View Post
Can anyone provide either zip code or community in Richardson? Schools would be high importance to us as well.
75082 is the zipcode that would have homes in your price range and size. But other zipcodes are 75080 and 75081 Richardson, Texas Zip Code Boundary Map (TX)

A couple of things:

-We don't have basements in TX
-Schools overlap cities. You could be living in the city of Richardson yet be zoned for Plano schools. This is true throughout the metroplex.
-If you limit your search to Richardson only, you will limit yourself to the choice of homes. As of today, there are only 7 homes on the market matching what you're looking for i.e. 4 bedrooms, 2800SF up to 250K regardless of age.
- Tax rate in Richardson with Plano schools is 2.31
- Tax rate in Richardson with Richardson schools is 2.58
- We have homestead exemption in TX as well
- Don't be shocked at the lot sizes here. Although you hear that everything is bigger in Texas, lot sizes are not. Average would be a .17 to .20. Of course there are exceptions but they come with a premium. This is one reason that in your size home you'll most likely find a 2 story since the footprint would be larger.

I wish there was such a forum when we moved in '95. There are some super helpful people on here.

Naima
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 12:47 PM

99 posts, read 171,170 times
Is the property tax include the school tax?
How old the property down in Richardson, Plano area? If we are interested in older house instead of new?

Last edited by NOEL123; 02-24-2012 at 01:23 PM..

Old 02-24-2012, 12:53 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,535,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEL123 View Post
Is the property tax include the school tax?
How old the property down in Richardson, Plano area? If we are interested in older house instead of new?
Yes- you will have a tax bill for the ISD of your area and then a tax bill from the county you reside in. Making the combined total of 2-3% of your home value.

Nsumner is correct there is certain areas where the property is not large at all and the homes are built up...(ie two story).

Wylie, Sachse, North Rowlett, North Garland and a few others in that area have larger lots - but you pay for those as well.

Be awear that a lot of HOA inthe metroplex - so be careful unless you like the HOA type communities...some do?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
75082 is the zipcode that would have homes in your price range and size. But other zipcodes are 75080 and 75081 Richardson, Texas Zip Code Boundary Map (TX)

A couple of things:

-We don't have basements in TX
-Schools overlap cities. You could be living in the city of Richardson yet be zoned for Plano schools. This is true throughout the metroplex.
-If you limit your search to Richardson only, you will limit yourself to the choice of homes. As of today, there are only 7 homes on the market matching what you're looking for i.e. 4 bedrooms, 2800SF up to 250K regardless of age.
- Tax rate in Richardson with Plano schools is 2.31
- Tax rate in Richardson with Richardson schools is 2.58
- We have homestead exemption in TX as well
- Don't be shocked at the lot sizes here. Although you hear that everything is bigger in Texas, lot sizes are not. Average would be a .17 to .20. Of course there are exceptions but they come with a premium. This is one reason that in your size home you'll most likely find a 2 story since the footprint would be larger.

I wish there was such a forum when we moved in '95. There are some super helpful people on here.

Naima
Since you are the expert - could you tell me if there are any areas that the Prop Tax is lower than average.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 PM

937 posts, read 2,908,309 times
You will also need to figure in homestead exemptions and other exemptions as they vary across area. You cannot simply look at the regular tax rate. Try doing a search on the forum for more information.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:22 PM

Moderator cut: orphaned

Lpepping - what do you mean by homestead exemptions and other exemptions as they vary across area?

anyone can help me with
How old are the property down in Richardson, Plano area? If we are interested in older house instead of new?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 02-24-2012 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Orphaned - post referred to has been removed.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,535,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEL123 View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned

Lpepping - what do you mean by homestead exemptions and other exemptions as they vary across area?

anyone can help me with
How old are the property down in Richardson, Plano area? If we are interested in older house instead of new?
Collin County
Collin County Tax Assessor and Collector: Property Taxes
Rockwall
Rockwall Central Appraisal District (http://www.rockwallcad.com/forms.htm - broken link)
Dallas
DCAD - Exemptions

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 02-24-2012 at 03:26 PM..

Old 02-24-2012, 01:36 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
I live in Richardson in 75080. There are homes in your size range in all zips of Richardson. My neighborhood's homes were built mostly in the late 50's to 60's. The further north you go, the more likely the homes are newer. There are other neighborhoods with mostly 70's/80's homes, and also a small amount of new construction.

You would have trouble in my 'hood (Richardson Heights) with 2800 square feet, but it can be done.

Most people will tell you to stay west of 75 in Richardson, but there are some very nice neighborhoods on the east side too.

Canyon Creek is a wonderful, gorgeous neighborhood but I'm not sure your budget is high enough.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:37 PM

17 posts, read 20,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Yes- you will have a tax bill for the ISD of your area and then a tax bill from the county you reside in. Making the combined total of 2-3% of your home value.

Nsumner is correct there is certain areas where the property is not large at all and the homes are built up...(ie two story).

Wylie, Sachse, North Rowlett, North Garland and a few others in that area have larger lots - but you pay for those as well.

Be awear that a lot of HOA inthe metroplex - so be careful unless you like the HOA type communities...some do?
Hi, looks like I am only able to send 1 DM a day, so I was wondering if you could provide the zip code in Rowlett?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:41 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,262,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko44 View Post
Hi, looks like I am only able to send 1 DM a day, so I was wondering if you could provide the zip code in Rowlett?
2 zipcodes for Rowlett. 75088 and 75089

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas