Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 02:42 PM

6 posts, read 31,694 times

Advertisements

Dear Friends

We live in Irving,TX. Would like your help, suggestions, ideas for party place for 1 year Bday celebration for our baby boy.
Please advice us appropriate places, in and around Irving TX.

Thanks & Appreciate your help
Shawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 02:51 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,801,403 times
The best suggestions I have for a 1 year old, going through 2 of them myself, is your own house or a near by park. Your baby isn't going to remember anything so it's for you and you alone, as well as gathering family to celebrate. If you invite other 1 year olds, it's not like they can bowl or skate or ride go-karts or something like that.

Stay home and have fun. Or the weather is nice, go to the park.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:58 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
The best suggestions I have for a 1 year old, going through 2 of them myself, is your own house or a near by park. Your baby isn't going to remember anything so it's for you and you alone, as well as gathering family to celebrate. If you invite other 1 year olds, it's not like they can bowl or skate or ride go-karts or something like that.

Stay home and have fun. Or the weather is nice, go to the park.
I agree with this completely.

At that age even a clown or face painter might be overkill - I've seen so many 1-2 yo kids freak out about stuff like that.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:31 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,586 times
I agree with the above posters Have it at home. Buy a small pinata and have the older kids break it.
It's so much fun. Have a bubble maker to blow bubbles and watch the toddlers go nuts!!

I go to this website that has SO many cool ideas for parties of any type.

Hostess with the Mostess® Daily Blog

Old 04-13-2012, 04:37 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,556,442 times
Not to sound like a broken record, but I agree with all the other posters. Almost every 1st year old birthday party I've been to has been at the family's home. And usually it's just extended family and some close friends. To be honest, you don't want to be killing yourself hosting for a bazillion people...you want to be able to focus on your baby, and the special memory in the making. So I vote for keeping it simple. If you have a super large family, or a guest list that you just can't accommodate in your home, I would do it at a park.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
I agree, too. Have the party at home. Buy your son a small cake and let him eat it with his hands and get icing all over his face, and take lots of pictures. You can embarrass him with the pictures when he's a teenager. It's an American tradition!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 PM

6 posts, read 31,694 times
I thank each and every one of you for taking time for replying this post. I will plan to host a small gathering in a near by park or at home, I really liked the idea of pinata and would for sure let my boy enjoy his B Day cake and dirty his hands and face. :-) - thats gonna be fun and a moment to remember always.

Thanks once again guys
Shawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: