Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:26 AM

97 posts, read 277,220 times

Advertisements

I am blown away by so many people taking the time to offer advice and feedback here on the Dallas forum - in threads I've started and just generally! I've gained so much perspective on the DFW area on everything from real estate and schools to culture and religion. This is all so helpful to folks like me who are relocating and know very little about the area. It's really kind of you all to be so specific and thoughtful.

And just fwiw, I tried to go into the Charlotte/NC forum (where I've lived almost all my life and where we'll be relocating to DFW from) to try to weigh in and "pay it back" and found that it's not as friendly and collegial as this forum has been. I'll take that as a good sign that DFW is the friendly, welcoming place we hope it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Dallas will feel like "home" in no time! Great city, shopping, arts, etc, but folks for the most part have been nothing but down-to-earth nice to us on our visits. We love Charlotte, too, but find folks overall in Dallas friendlier than there, and esp. moreso than in Atlanta (the HOME of attitude south of the Mason-Dixon line).

Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Glad we were helpful! And welcome to Texas!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 PM

931 posts, read 2,134,620 times
You can thank the Moderators and the Members in that order. A good Board always has good management.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,531,347 times
Welcome to Texas- Ya'll enjoy yourself.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:39 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,441,302 times
No need to thank me...I take cash and credit cards...no checks though.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:00 AM

574 posts, read 1,478,310 times
Awwwww!!

Like you I turned to this board as soon as we learned we were being relocated to Dallas. It is full full full of truly friendly and helpful people. Since moving here I have found people in Dallas to be extremely friendly and welcoming. I do love it here.

Welcome to Texas...best of luck!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:14 AM

32 posts, read 74,250 times
We will be relocating to Dallas at the beginning of June. I have started two threads asking questions about apartments and getting advice on what areas of Dallas and the surrounding areas to live in and everyone has been most helpful! Even going as far as to post a few links they found on rental properties. We have already visited Dallas and actually really like it a lot. We lived in the Houston area for 3 years and swore we would never move back to TX. Houston is alright, but it really didn't do it for us. We are from the Tampa Bay area and I literally cried when I saw Galveston Beach. Nothing like the white sands of our beautiful west coast beaches. But Dallas on the other hand?! It seems to have everything, culture, nice people, and the rolling hills and the beautiful lakes!

Thank you to both the moderators and members for being so helpful and friendly! We are really looking forward to living in the Dallas area.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:34 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,033,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtoTX2012 View Post
I am blown away by so many people taking the time to offer advice and feedback here on the Dallas forum - in threads I've started and just generally! I've gained so much perspective on the DFW area on everything from real estate and schools to culture and religion. This is all so helpful to folks like me who are relocating and know very little about the area. It's really kind of you all to be so specific and thoughtful.

And just fwiw, I tried to go into the Charlotte/NC forum (where I've lived almost all my life and where we'll be relocating to DFW from) to try to weigh in and "pay it back" and found that it's not as friendly and collegial as this forum has been. I'll take that as a good sign that DFW is the friendly, welcoming place we hope it is!
I had a similar experience on the Charlotte board when inquiring as a possible city for my internet-challenged mother to relocate to (she's since moved to Nebraska).

Nonetheless, I'm on the Dallas board for myself, not for her, and find everyone so much more friendly here. I, too, see it as a very positive reflection of Dallas.

My experiences on the boards mirrored what I'd experienced in real life in each city prior to hitting the boards, too. No surprise, I suppose.

I'd like to ditto your appreciation of the Dallas moderators and members.

Good luck with the new adventures in your life, and keep smiling!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,817,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
No need to thank me...I take cash and credit cards...no checks though.
Nice! You forgot Paypal.

Good peeps on this site for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas