Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 06:26 AM

48 posts, read 132,451 times

Advertisements

Wow, all the negativity. In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?". I live in the Willow Ridge community in Prosper and moved here from NC three years ago. I am not real happy they built the apartment complex, but overall this is a great place. I also wouldn't compare our city to Southlake.

There are the $30K/yr millionaires as I have read on here and I am next door neighbirs to the prototypical "keep up with the Jones" family. I would love to see their credit card statements and see how buried they are in their mortgage. I hear they almost lost their house twice and then built a $60K pool. Talk about being stuck for life, but they do have two VERY nice cars to be seen in around town.

Prosper is what it is, a small suburb that is growing daily. We added almost 500 students over this summer alone, so we are doing something right. I have no idea about home values and where they stand with the other communities and really don't care. We have decent schools, no crime and friendly people. Negatives are the apartments, no shopping or grocery stores, but they will come.

Really not sure why all the negative talk on here about Prosper. As for me and my family, we are happy with our decision to move to Prosper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 08:16 AM

198 posts, read 508,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmccurrys View Post
Wow, all the negativity. In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?". I live in the Willow Ridge community in Prosper and moved here from NC three years ago. I am not real happy they built the apartment complex, but overall this is a great place. I also wouldn't compare our city to Southlake.

There are the $30K/yr millionaires as I have read on here and I am next door neighbirs to the prototypical "keep up with the Jones" family. I would love to see their credit card statements and see how buried they are in their mortgage. I hear they almost lost their house twice and then built a $60K pool. Talk about being stuck for life, but they do have two VERY nice cars to be seen in around town.

Prosper is what it is, a small suburb that is growing daily. We added almost 500 students over this summer alone, so we are doing something right. I have no idea about home values and where they stand with the other communities and really don't care. We have decent schools, no crime and friendly people. Negatives are the apartments, no shopping or grocery stores, but they will come.

Really not sure why all the negative talk on here about Prosper. As for me and my family, we are happy with our decision to move to Prosper.

Willow Ridge is nice. I almost bought in there myself 5 years ago but couldn't get a deal. I also like what they are doing in Whitley Place. OTOH Artesia on the extreme western edge of Prosper looks like it's dead in the water to me. The pace of building in every other development I've seen in Prosper is the highest in my 5 plus years here. Light Ridge in Celina on the Prosper Border (but Prosper Schools I believe) is also getting ready to pop next year. Carter Ranch in Celina is still building and I understand Collin County Community College is going to build a campus on 289 somewhere around the Celina/Prosper border.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:27 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,682,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Out of curiosity I looked up reviews on the Estates of Prosper...well run you say...as an ex renter, I beg to differ. I can spot the crumbling, "doomed to become a section 8 hood trap in the near future" type of apartment complex from a mile away. I hope you didnt build your "brand new $400K home on a 1 acre lot" anywhere close to that place. I see a lot of sirens in that future. And on that note, hopefully you will stop with the "Prosper is the new Southlake" because you are not. Southlake would NEVER be stupid enough to allow crappy apartments in their town. You guys were. Sorry.

The Estates of Prosper and the Mansions of Prosper are surrounded by low density, single family zoning. The neighborhoods surrounding both communities( Greenspoint and La Cima) are $300,000 plus sub divisions. The Mansions is actually a very nice town home community with attached garages. I feel like The Estates is not very nice like the Mansions, but far from what you describe.Both complexes are located directly across the street from a Middle School.

The Southlake comparisons stem from the feel of the area and the zoning standards and growth. I would describe Southlake, Colleyville and even Keller like I would Prosper....Overall large lot sizes,no back alleyways,trees,rolling hills,high median home values.

I find myself offering information about Prosper on this forum mostly because of the posters who try to downplay the positives of the northern suburbs.Prosper may not be the absolute perfect town for everyone,but it is pretty nice,like many other DFW suburbs. It is not "so far out" from anything and most people who live here love it.

A suburb like Prosper is a great option for many families looking to relocate to DFW.

Last edited by CREW747; 09-07-2012 at 04:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas