Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 07:33 PM

63 posts, read 237,415 times

Advertisements

I am still researching like crazy and really like the sound of CH. DH would work in Southlake and it appears to be about 15 miles...but I know 15 miles can be an eternity if it's the wrong direction for a commute. Is this even doable? It seems like the other neighborhood we are drawn to is Heritage but that worries me if my DH ever changed jobs and needed to be closer to Dallas vs. FW. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 AM

126 posts, read 339,827 times
My wife commutes from CH to Southlake and she says its a long tedious drive. Maybe things might improve after the 114 construction is ironed out. 45 min one way if you avoid highway now. The construction might not take forever, so if someone can provide some insight on those details, you can make a decision.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times
Flower Mound to SL would be easier and it's a nicer town better schools. Don't get me wrong CH is nice but until that interchange is done its going to hell over in that area for traffic. If you lived in FloMo you could sneak around the backside of the lake into SL through Westlake avoid all that traffic.

Last edited by skids929; 07-27-2012 at 08:25 AM..

Old 07-27-2012, 08:19 AM

Thanks to both of you that is very helpful. I don't want DH dealing with a terrible commute. FM does look very nice as well.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:03 PM

69 posts, read 121,930 times
Grapevine is another great city, it is right in the center of town... I live in Caste Hills and LOVE it, but I can see a huge advantage for Grapevine... what is drawing you to this side of the metroplex ??

Old 08-01-2012, 08:27 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Also,what's your budget for housing? You may be able to afford to live in Southlake itself...and your DH's commute would just be a few minutes!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
Are you looking for a new house, or a planned community.....just wondering why CH? Colleyville is so much closer......

Old 08-02-2012, 12:06 AM

So DH will work in Southlake but with the area being so huge and not knowing future employment plans it didn't seem like the best idea to me to just live in Southlake. I want to stay around $450k and it seems in Southlake the homes are older so they will need significant investments in the coming years. I do like "newer" and also like the idea of having a master-planned type community with a pool and amenities. I have never moved to an area before with so many choices! DH's friend just fell in love with Trophy Club and feels they got a lot more for their money there than Southlake, but to me Trophy Club only works for a commute to the immediate area and I don't want to have to move again if DH changes jobs in 5 years.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:36 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just*us View Post
So DH will work in Southlake but with the area being so huge and not knowing future employment plans it didn't seem like the best idea to me to just live in Southlake. I want to stay around $450k and it seems in Southlake the homes are older so they will need significant investments in the coming years. I do like "newer" and also like the idea of having a master-planned type community with a pool and amenities. I have never moved to an area before with so many choices! DH's friend just fell in love with Trophy Club and feels they got a lot more for their money there than Southlake, but to me Trophy Club only works for a commute to the immediate area and I don't want to have to move again if DH changes jobs in 5 years.

Have you checked out Coppell? There is also Castle Hills, of course Trophy Club and Valley Ranch. Just throwing out some ideas.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Coppell or Valley Ranch will be a frustrating commute. It's not very long, but ther is a ton of traffic, and it's all under construction right now.

You are correct about Trophy Club, but it is a really nice place and very convenient to Southlake.

$450 is a little low for the fancier neighborhoods in Southlake. There are newer homes, but they are more expensive...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas