Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 01:58 PM
HYD HYD started this thread

29 posts, read 48,492 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks,

I just relocated to TX and i have my behind the wheels Road test due was wondering which DMV is the best and little easy to pass....as every one know that Road test are typical eveytime you take it.

So I would really appreciate any suggestions I live in Irving, TX . Some one suggested Carrollton ...but just wanted to hear for others folks ...thanks a lot for your time.

Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 04:39 PM

119 posts, read 247,738 times
They are all testing for the same thing... and I doubt anyone is going to tell you honestly somewhere you can go and take an "easier" test even if there were one. There isn't and why not just familiarize yourself and practice and work at learning how to drive if you don't have experience?

People drive crazy and you're actually doing yourself a favor if you really work at learning the laws down here. Just my totally honest advice.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:41 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,884,555 times
They are all pretty much the same. Go to the one closet to you.
You have to make an appointment ofr the road test so make it for first thing in the morning. Do NOT go on Monday or Friday as these tend to be the busier times. Make sure you know how to parallel park!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:53 PM

350 posts, read 749,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
They are all pretty much the same. Go to the one closet to you.
You have to make an appointment ofr the road test so make it for first thing in the morning. Do NOT go on Monday or Friday as these tend to be the busier times. Make sure you know how to parallel park!
I've been told that they're removed the parallel parking from the test recently. I took mine a while ago though so I can't confirm this personally, but that's what the word at school is.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 AM

48 posts, read 132,333 times
Most are several weeks out on setting up the test. The easiest to get an appointment the soonest is Gainesvill. Yes, it is a drive, but I had no problems getting and appt. My daughter said the test was easy too. Good Luck!

Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 AM

384 posts, read 595,850 times
Is everyone who moves to Texas and gets a Driver's License there required to take a road test?

Old 09-15-2012, 09:23 AM

64 posts, read 166,989 times
Well, I found pretty easy the test I had in Jupiter Road. The test route foresees a "no turn on red" traffic light, a bunch of Stop signs and no highway driving. Oh, parallel parking at the beginning, of course.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:25 AM

764 posts, read 1,656,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_flembeck View Post
Is everyone who moves to Texas and gets a Driver's License there required to take a road test?
No - I assume if you have a valid (non-expired) out of state driver's liscense you don't need to take the test - written or driving. We moved here 9 mos ago and just walked in with all our paper work, waited 2 hours, had our picture taken, and we were done. Paper temp. license, then the real one came in the mail 5 days later.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:42 AM

173 posts, read 398,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_flembeck View Post
Just did this last week at Carrollton. Be sure you go to the website and have everything they require. Proof of residency has to be like a bank or credit card statement, insurance, or anything remotely "official", not just everyday mail..Fill out the form online and bring it with you. Was in and out in 20 minutes at 2PM on a Wednesday and the staff was actually nice! No road test, just vision and thumbprint!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas