Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 AM

2 posts, read 3,247 times

Advertisements

I know about Heritage auctions, but that's not so frequent. Are there any smaller auction houses that are perhaps selling on a more regular basis? I collect various smalls and collectibles, also buy stuff for a couple of my friends and they do the same for me and we trade. In the past, in various major cities I lived in, most weekends would have a few options in and around the cities.

Did some online research but seemed to come up a little short of options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,617,748 times
There used to be quite a few of these around, and I attended quite a few when we were part-time antique dealers. But with Craig's List, eBay, etc. being so popular, they faded away just like the Antique Malls did. I can't think of one now; most auctions used to advertise on the back page of the Dallas Morning News classified section on Sunday. I have no idea if they still do.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,247 times
other areas, especially florida, california and new york still seem to have a lot of them dotted about, but im thinking dallas has all but dried up. Cant imagine though that all estates that are sold are done on ebay, yet i also dont see many estate sales, most seem to be dealers using a house and selling antiques. Im thinking there must be a good one out there somewhere, ill keep hunting!!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:02 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,306,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebadger View Post
other areas, especially florida, california and new york still seem to have a lot of them dotted about, but im thinking dallas has all but dried up. Cant imagine though that all estates that are sold are done on ebay, yet i also dont see many estate sales, most seem to be dealers using a house and selling antiques. Im thinking there must be a good one out there somewhere, ill keep hunting!!
I don't know of any auction houses here other than Heritage. Sotheby's has a Dallas office but I think it's more for client relations than auctions.

Estate sales are plentiful in the Park Cities and Preston Hollow. Some of the facilitators list future sales on their websites. Try googling.

There are plenty of great antique stores here though. Not sure if your end goal was the auction process or procuring great pieces. Try Nick Bock on Henderson and there are quite a few (some open to the public) in the Design District. 1stdibs.com is also a good resource and quite a few Dallas and Texas sellers are on there.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:39 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,763,936 times
Ask here

lotsoffurniture.com - Home

They are always at auction and are very helpful, they have great items too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: