Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,477 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I recently accepted a job in Irving. I know absolutely nothing about the area and would appreciate any advice you can offer in terms of housing, nightlife, culture, safety etc. The job is located near N Beltline and I-635, as it is only me I don't need much in terms of apartment space and I want to spend around $600-750. Is that doable for the area? From what I've researched Irving seems nice and safe, but quiet (I've lived in Miami[hometown], Orlando[loved it], and Tallahassee[not a fan!]). I'm not huge into bars and clubs but I appreciate the option of having them, can that be found in the neighborhood? If not, how bad/long is the commute from Dallas into Irving? Would it be unreasonable to live there instead? I don't know what else to ask, but whatever else you want to throw at me go for it-I would like to know as much as possible before I move out there!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 AM

812 posts, read 2,184,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeFL86 View Post
Hi,
I recently accepted a job in Irving. I know absolutely nothing about the area and would appreciate any advice you can offer in terms of housing, nightlife, culture, safety etc. The job is located near N Beltline and I-635, as it is only me I don't need much in terms of apartment space and I want to spend around $600-750. Is that doable for the area? From what I've researched Irving seems nice and safe, but quiet (I've lived in Miami[hometown], Orlando[loved it], and Tallahassee[not a fan!]). I'm not huge into bars and clubs but I appreciate the option of having them, can that be found in the neighborhood? If not, how bad/long is the commute from Dallas into Irving? Would it be unreasonable to live there instead? I don't know what else to ask, but whatever else you want to throw at me go for it-I would like to know as much as possible before I move out there!
Thanks!
I lived in Valley Ranch in north Irving and liked it but I'm not sure about your price range there. Suggest you do a search for "Dallas apartments" or "Dallas apartment search". There are many searchers who help you find an apartment and you don't pay a penny. The complexes do. Let someone else do the work for you.

golf

Old 02-20-2013, 03:52 PM

5 posts, read 5,650 times
I'm in your age range (late 20's), but I moved to Coppell because of family. I've only been here about a year, but I can tell you that the hot spot I know of for people our age is Addison. Irving to Addison is only about a 30 minute drive if you decide to find a place near work.

AFAIK, you would be able to find apartments in both Irving and Addison in your range, but as far as quality and safety goes, I would stay in Irving. People who have been here longer may be able to give more rounded advice, though.

Last edited by saannec; 02-20-2013 at 04:16 PM..

Old 02-20-2013, 04:11 PM

34 posts, read 156,213 times
I would suggest the Valley Ranch area of Irving. You will have a 5-10 min commute with good highway access to the rest of the metro. Some of the apartments should fall within your budget. As a previous poster stated perform a internet search are get an apartment locator. Valley Ranch falls within the 75063 zip.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:03 AM

205 posts, read 334,328 times
Default McArthur Park apartments

You can check out McArthur Park Apartments, we stayed there for 5 years. The apartments were little old but we didn't mind it. The staff is very friendly, quick maintenance service and within your price range.

Area is safe, my wife stayed in the same apartment for 4 years (out of 5 years) when i worked in a different state and did not feel unsafe at all.

Lot of amenities within walking distance, very close I635 (3 traffic lights to I635 to be precise).

Hope this helps.

Last edited by the_nemi; 02-22-2013 at 01:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas