Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 01:02 PM

179 posts, read 557,631 times

Advertisements

I went to Collin Creek mall for the first time this past Saturday. What can I say, they have the Land's End store inside of their Sears and I needed to exchange a bathing suit. Anyway, didn't leave the Sears, but it seemed okay. I never go to a mall if I can help it, though. Malls everywhere are dying and honestly, who has the time? I'm to the point where I order almost all of my clothes online and set foot in the stores for returns/exchanges (aka exchanging a swim suit this past Saturday.) Collin Creek is still in better shape than the malls I went to in Irving and Arlington when growing up - those malls are downright scary these days. And why on earth is Valley View even still standing? It's just a sad, sad place with a movie theater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM

89 posts, read 137,126 times
I work in the area and sometimes we go there during lunch break, it's not nearly what it used to be since several new malls and Internet shopping took away the customers. However, its not pot hole or anything like that. It is totally safe and mall patrol is always on duty as well.

It is getting deserted which makes it easier to find parking and sold out sizes of best selling clothing items. If Richardson gets a revival then it would be justified to keep it, otherwise there is no need for it. Plano people mostly shop at Galleria, Allen, Stonebriar and Willowbend depending on which side they live on. Luxury shopping destination is Northpark or Highland Park.

What boggles my mind are TV shopping networks, who shops there?

Old 03-25-2013, 01:48 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice&Curry View Post
I work in the area and sometimes we go there during lunch break, it's not nearly what it used to be since several new malls and Internet shopping took away the customers. However, its not pot hole or anything like that. It is totally safe and mall patrol is always on duty as well.

It is getting deserted which makes it easier to find parking and sold out sizes of best selling clothing items. If Richardson gets a revival then it would be justified to keep it, otherwise there is no need for it. Plano people mostly shop at Galleria, Allen, Stonebriar and Willowbend depending on which side they live on. Luxury shopping destination is Northpark or Highland Park.

What boggles my mind are TV shopping networks, who shops there?
No, that's totally false. I live in Richardson and I don't know anyone who shops at Collin Creek Mall. We go to Northpark or Galleria. Both are nicer, and both are easy enough to get to. Why would we go to Collin Creek? Makes no sense.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:56 PM

212 posts, read 410,056 times
It may depend on where in Richardson one lives. I live west of Central and mostly shop to the west and north - Galleria, Park from Preston through the Tollway, the Kohl's at Frankford and Preston, the discount stores at Coit and Campbell, etc. I went to Collin Creek Mall once specifically to go to JCP. I didn't even venture out into the mall. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the JCP there compared to the one at Stonebriar and would probably schlepp out to Stonebriar if I felt a need to go to JCP again. Unless there is a nice one closer that I don't know about.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:57 PM

89 posts, read 137,126 times
No one from Richardson shops there, all of them shop at Galleria and Northpark. Hmmmm .... Why would you? May be because its right there across the street and a big percentage of Richardson's population doesn't earn enough to be luxury shoppers.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:07 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanyMalone View Post
It may depend on where in Richardson one lives. I live west of Central and mostly shop to the west and north - Galleria, Park from Preston through the Tollway, the Kohl's at Frankford and Preston, the discount stores at Coit and Campbell, etc. I went to Collin Creek Mall once specifically to go to JCP. I didn't even venture out into the mall. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the JCP there compared to the one at Stonebriar and would probably schlepp out to Stonebriar if I felt a need to go to JCP again. Unless there is a nice one closer that I don't know about.
There are several nice locations. Google....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice&Curry View Post
No one from Richardson shops there, all of them shop at Galleria and Northpark. Hmmmm .... Why would you? May be because its right there across the street and a big percentage of Richardson's population doesn't earn enough to be luxury shoppers.
Wow. What a disgustingly insulting, offensive, and IGNORANT thing to say to someone who lives in Richardson.

You know nothing about me, my financial situation, or my shopping habits. Or, for that matter, those of my neighbors who are driving Lexuses, BMWs, Audis, etc.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:11 PM

297 posts, read 512,740 times
Hahahaha, don't be fooling yourself there. There is more disposable income in many areas that you are not even mentioning like Richardson. Developers look at disposable income not always just property values.

Face it, Dallas area shoppers do not just stick to the mall closest to them. They will drove to the ones they like and have more options if they are going to a mall. The closest mall to my home is Firewheel. I love it for what it is and convienence. After that the next malls we frequent in order are:
NorthPark
Galleria
Willow Bend
Highland Park
Uptown
I'm not alone as most of my friends in the area and neighbors love NorthPark and the Galleria and frequent them often. Collin Creek is only visited if only a few minutes to spare and close to it at the time. Like when I drop my D2 off at Cheer Athletics in Plano.

FYI: the new owners of Collin Creek are still working Oma plan to redevelop the entire area including the parking lot. Like digging up the crappy parking lot and exposing the creek under it. If anyone does not think that parking lot is crappy they have not driven around it. I did last 2 1/2 weeks ago. It was crappy!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:15 PM

297 posts, read 512,740 times
Hmm, interesting to notice that the only ones that seem to think Collin Creek Mall is nice are new comers or never really went there till recently.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:24 PM

212 posts, read 410,056 times
Quote:
There are several nice locations. Google....
Last time I did, it sent me to CCM, the one on Northwest Highway and Skillman (not on my routes) and Stonebriar was next. Which is fine. My routines pretty much take me north from Forest between Coit and the Tollway.

Quote:
... my neighbors who are driving Lexuses, BMWs, Audis, etc.
Most of the people in my neighborhood drive Subarus. And Hondas and Toyotas. Diversity is a good thing.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:25 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
I wouldn't call CC fancy, but it is an OK place. Some of you are waaaaaaay overreacting. I live in Richardson and I will usually go to North Park, but there are times when CC is more convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas