Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 06:58 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
My partner & I love Rockwall, but as others have said, I-30 is the kicker if you're a commuter. Plus distance from the airport if you travel often. But we would SERIOUSLY consider that area to retire in if we're still in Dallas by then. It has a completely different vibe - almost resort-like!
It takes me over 30 minutes door to door from 30 around all those restaurants just east of the lake; can't remember the name of the exit but there are tons of chains there, a Starbucks, etc. Last time I drove it it was over 30 mins in light traffic to my place in southwestern Richardson.

It's cute though. I can see why people like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 12:27 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,258,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisel17 View Post
How about Heath? Are real estate prices reasonable? Is it commutable to Dallas?
Heath is more upscale than Rockwall itself because of the lot sizes mostly. Lots of nature, trees, greenbelts. Beautiful estates too. A lot of either self employed people live there or executives, doctors, lawyers, and such. They don't have to clock in at the office so they can work around the traffic.

There are of course some those that take the serenity of living in such a nice environment and put up with the traffic. Very few people carpool so they can take the HOV.

We love it here, having grown up on the Mediterranean, being by the lake was a no brainer for me. Of course, I'm all over the Metroplex most days so commute is not an issue either.

Naima

Old 03-01-2014, 06:18 AM

188 posts, read 416,467 times
Naima,

How are the schools in the area?

Thanks,
Eric

Old 03-01-2014, 03:04 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,258,757 times
The schools are part of Rockwall ISD, really good. There are 3 elementary schools that serve Heath, 1 middle and 1 HS.

There are also some private such as the Heritage Christian Academy, very highly regarded. I have several friends that have kids that attend it.

Naima

Old 03-01-2014, 03:56 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,779 times
There are some beautiful properties in Heath.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:41 PM

62 posts, read 59,852 times
Rockwall is a wonderful place to live. It has everything you need as long as you don't consider Neiman Marcus, Whole Foods, Central Market a necessity. For the cost it's the best option. The commute downtown is not terrible and much better than 75. The only problem is that Dallas developed north/ northwest of downtown, so everything is an hour away. Downtown itself is 35 min, but almost everything else is an hour away. There is really nothing between downtown Dallas and Rockwall, after the Munger Exit (Greenville Avenue), there is a void (entertainment, shopping, nicer restaurants). Rockwall has a good number of Restaurants, and a great selection of big box stores (Costco, et al), but lacks higher end retail. The people are extremely nice and friendly. Lots of housing options at a great price. Very safe, great schools. If you commute try to stay close to 30. Stay north of 30 for the most part, or close to the lake if you stay south, great lake side communities.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:42 PM

62 posts, read 59,852 times
BTW Heath is very nice too.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:29 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It takes me over 30 minutes door to door from 30 around all those restaurants just east of the lake; can't remember the name of the exit but there are tons of chains there, a Starbucks, etc. Last time I drove it it was over 30 mins in light traffic to my place in southwestern Richardson.

It's cute though. I can see why people like it.
That would be the Harbor and it's the Horizon Road exit. Ridge Road is the next exit and there are TONS of restaurants between there and the following exit (205).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas