Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 03:26 PM

787 posts, read 1,223,585 times

Advertisements

I'd be curious to hear suggestions as well. I don't understand how so many churches have awesome praise & worship teams and the entire congregation is just standing there. I want to lift my hands up in praise & surrender and just see outward signs of people's response to the holy spirit. Nothing against not wanting that, just wish I knew of somewhere that had it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 05:18 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.…"

Matthew 6:5

Old 01-19-2014, 05:27 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMC_TX View Post
I'd be curious to hear suggestions as well. I don't understand how so many churches have awesome praise & worship teams and the entire congregation is just standing there. I want to lift my hands up in praise & surrender and just see outward signs of people's response to the holy spirit. Nothing against not wanting that, just wish I knew of somewhere that had it.
Some 'traditional' churches have separate 'contemporary' services. There are a couple around here in Richardson that I know of. Being Jewish, I don't actually go to them but I've heard very good things from Christian neighbors.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:02 PM

787 posts, read 1,223,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl8 View Post
Have you found a place to worship yet as we are also new to Dallas from Alabama and looking
for spirit filled, bible teaching, contemporary church that embraces the gifts of the Holy spirit.
We have enjoyed the HOZ prayer room (also know as Store House). However, we want to visit
around before we plant. Thanks for any suggestions.
Just looked this up. I'm going to try it out!

StoreHouse: Church

Old 01-20-2014, 08:32 AM

30 posts, read 86,217 times
Hello, I am the OP of this thread. Unfortunately, I have still not found a "home" church close to University Park. I have driven to The Upper Room in FTW, which is an awesome, on fire for God charismatic church, but again, it is just too far of a drive to make on a regular basis.

I am praying I will still be led to the right church for me. Thank you for the suggestions.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:28 AM

2 posts, read 2,791 times
I second the recommendation for Christian World Church, 891 Abrams, Richardson TX. Location is convenient with quick highway access to 75 and 635, spirit-filled, contemporary, passionate Bible preaching, warm, friendly people, awesome kids and teen groups and powerful, anointed worship. Come check it out. Christian World Church / Home

Old 04-22-2014, 09:46 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times
I've been going to Trinity Church on Cole Ave. for the past month and a half, and every single time I attend service someone introduces themselves to me. Friendliest church I've ever been to, and I love that instead of shuffling out of service when it ends, so many people seem to stick around and chat with each other. Plus it's a smaller church so it feels like a comfortable neighborhood church instead of those daunting megachurches.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,120 times
My family is looking for a Spirit filled church as well. Ideally, we are looking for a small church or a home church. We live near frisco. if I could paint the perfect picture....
1. Meet in someone's home
2. Have a potluck meal and fellowship.
3. Someone preaches who is "apt to teach" from the Word of God. We are not interested in "organic" church that doesn't have elders / pastors.
4. Gifts of the Spirit in operation.
5. Kids are there for my kids to play with.
6. Multiple ethnicities represented.
7. Ideally meet in the evening.

If I had to pick just one item off my list, I'd pick fellowship. We can't stand walking in to a church, sitting down and then walking out.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 994 times
Christian World has great worship. Not the friendliest. Most of the people only associate with the ones they know. My family attended several times because of the worship. The word is not enough to keep me there. If you're into Joel Osteen type of watered down sermons, you'll love it here. The pastor is good though. Says just enough without offending anyone which is a shame. God's word is meant to change us. If we're living in sin, I want the pastor to feel confident to speak God's word without sugar coating it.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:25 PM

37 posts, read 58,132 times
Gateway church is about to start a new campus in North Dallas on Hillcrest near Forest Ln and 635 that is definitely Spirit filled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas