Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Status: "Get used to it, OKC: I-335 and I-344." (set 18 hours ago)

52,727 posts, read 48,052,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpepping View Post
I like Sonny Bryans as well. I heard Rudy's in Austin was good but the one around here wasn't that great. I need to venture up there to try it out.
Our Rudy's locations here are every bit as good as Central Texas. Give it a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 09:49 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,296,095 times
How far are you willing to go?
I might be able to give you a place or two, but uhh... My world revolves around Asian and Mexican food LOL.
If I were to give you a place I would say Hard Eight.
edit: as i can see someone already gave you that choice lol

I live near to Coppell but i always go to the one in Stephenville, which i don't go there very often. They have free beer there though ... at the one in Stephenville... lol.. about 2 hours away from Coppell LOL...

Old 12-10-2011, 07:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,067 times
Hard 8 BBQ in Coppel near DFW Aitport has the best brisket in DFW day in and day out. As is the case with any brisket you should reqest the "Top Cut". Any BBQ place that will not allow you to specify is not worth your or your friend's money. This is the moist, that is juicy end, as apposed to the lean (dry) end that should only be used for chopped brisket.
This is a central Texas sytle operation since that is where the original location is at.
You order off the pit byt the pound, slice, quarter pound, ect.
The Meat cutters are generous with their amounts.
Deffinately worth the trip!

Old 12-10-2011, 08:51 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,793,272 times
I know this thread is old, but Ill throw this out there. Hard 8 is the best BBQ Ive ever had.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:18 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,231,488 times
Quote:
I will be there for just a day and never been before. I am looking for a good place to have brisket...
Location... location... location...

The OP did say 'Dallas' and that he'd be in town only for the day. One could waste the better part of a day chasing down an address in Coppell, regardless of the preferences for a particular cut of BBQ.

Probably any of the top ten would be suitable, depending on the consumers palette. I mentioned Big Al's on Inwood back in 2007. I'll stick with that, being it's local to my environment.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:13 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,629,633 times
I've eaten at tons of BBQ places around Dallas over the years. Frankly, it's pretty hard to get really bad brisket since any self-respecting BBQ joint won't stay in business for long if they serve it. Occasionally you'll get some that's a little dry or fatty, or maybe not enough bark, etc.

Around here the very best brisket seems to be at Baker's Ribs (many locations) or Big Daddy's in Wylie. I used to eat at Sonny Bryan's on Inwood a lot, and they had excellent brisket as well.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:29 AM

3 posts, read 13,226 times
Hard Eight in Coppell has the best BBQ/Smoked Brisket I've ever had. :-)

Old 12-13-2011, 09:26 AM

237 posts, read 500,443 times
I'm no BBQ expert, and haven't tried Hard 8 or a few of the others listed here. But I can say that in my experience, the brisket at Rudy's in Frisco is better than the original Sonny Bryans on Inwood.

SB's on Inwood is pretty good, but they seem to be more proud of the run down rat hole that the restaurant resides in rather than the actual BBQ. If you stripped all the nostalgia and history away and rated it solely on the food, you'd probably be disappointed. Oh, and the beaten-down school desks that you have to eat at are cute, until you actually have to sit in one and navigate your way around a BBQ sandwich.

j

Old 12-13-2011, 02:54 PM

687 posts, read 1,580,287 times
If you're looking for something a little closer to central Dallas, I'd recommend Lockhart's Smokehouse in the Bishop Arts District. That's got to be the best brisket I've had in many years. The carvers are happy to give you samples and you can even select what kind of cut you want. They have some great homemade sides as well.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:18 PM

871 posts, read 2,694,255 times
I understand OP asked about Dallas, but any discussion of brisket in the DFW metro would be incomplete without mentioning MeShack's BBQ in Garland. Closed on Sundays, cash only, and a tiny outdoor only place with a joke of a "parking lot", this place is well known in the DFW metro as having some of the best BBQ in the area.

240 East Avenue B Garland, TX 75040
(214) 227-4748
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas