Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 06:21 PM

171 posts, read 358,864 times

Advertisements

Bstinson, are we talking about the same Canyon Creek? I am referring to the one on Spring Creek and Coit, 5-7min drive maybe. Thanks for the reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 10:20 PM

10 posts, read 19,162 times
My understanding if "academics" is the main priority, then Meadowbrook or Canyon Creek have the best reputations. However, if your priority is developing "love of learning" then da Vinci or Greenhill are the top ones. I'm sure students develop well at either place and am happy you found a place that is the fit for you. It's really about the child and what feels best for the person who know them best, their parents. I'm glad that St. Andrews has worked out!

Old 04-16-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momnxtdr View Post
My understanding if "academics" is the main priority, then Meadowbrook or Canyon Creek have the best reputations. However, if your priority is developing "love of learning" then da Vinci or Greenhill are the top ones. I'm sure students develop well at either place and am happy you found a place that is the fit for you. It's really about the child and what feels best for the person who know them best, their parents. I'm glad that St. Andrews has worked out!
I really liked CWP at St Andrews and yes my daughter is starting in September.
For me academics are the main priority and that is why I want to visit other preschools to compare so I don't have regrets.
I will have a tour of Meadowbrook as well, thanks for letting me know about it!

Old 04-17-2014, 08:15 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,297,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London29 View Post
I really liked CWP at St Andrews and yes my daughter is starting in September.
For me academics are the main priority and that is why I want to visit other preschools to compare so I don't have regrets.
I will have a tour of Meadowbrook as well, thanks for letting me know about it!
My daughters loved Meadowbrook. It instilled a love of learning. The only downside is the hours. School starts at 8:45 (which is later than most schools) and they don't do full days like some schools. Otherwise, we thought it rocked (it was 3 years ago, but same teachers are in place today)

Old 04-17-2014, 08:46 AM

106 posts, read 219,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London29 View Post
Bstinson, are we talking about the same Canyon Creek? I am referring to the one on Spring Creek and Coit, 5-7min drive maybe. Thanks for the reply
You are right, I was thinking of Canyon Creek in Richardson for some reason. You've got some good recommendations here. Good luck!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStinson View Post
You are right, I was thinking of Canyon Creek in Richardson for some reason. You've got some good recommendations here. Good luck!
Thanks!

Old 12-27-2016, 12:40 PM

24 posts, read 38,912 times
Hello. I was wondering if anyone has any comments or experience with Carpe Diem. I have a soon to be 3 yo.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:54 PM

554 posts, read 683,319 times
We were at Carpe Diem for 3 years before transferring to a Dallas private. I know that all the locations have different vibes, but our overall experience was positive. We loved the teachers our son had and were thankful for the webcams - especially when he was very young. As full-time working parents, it was helpful for us not to have to pay more for extended care (included in tuition.) Diapers for non-potty trained kids and lunch/snacks are also included in tuition. Tuition is steep, but you get what you pay for! It was a very clean environment and felt more like a school than a daycare - even in the younger years. Personally, I think they do their best work with the younger kiddos, nurturing them and providing low student/teacher ratios. Their curriculum with older kids is solid, but the execution varies depending on which teachers you get. That said, the emphasis they place on social/emotional development was great for our kiddo - which we think was why he was successful in gaining admission to a competitive school. Our child transitioned well to his current school and has continued to do well there, so all in all, I think Carpe Diem was successful in getting him ready for a more challenging environment.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:11 AM

17 posts, read 18,185 times
My son attended canyon creek day school in Plano. Amazing school. In his class alone 3 went to st. Marks, 1 went to hockaday, 1 went to green hill and 1 went to ms. Guthrie school in Allen (not sure the exact school name)

Old 02-01-2017, 07:23 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Greenhill, Parish, Lamplighter, Alcuin, Meadowbrook, & ESD are all North Dallas privates that start at age 3.
Greenhill does not start at 3.
Official applications can be tendered for pre-k and the evaluations/interviews/CATS testing can be done on on 3 year-old, but they must turn 4 prior to school starting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas